The Wally World Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wally World Express

THis is my '91 wagon. We love this thing, it rocks. Every single possible option is on it. leather, air ride (no bags though, but pump and sensors good), instaclear, everything. I bought it for $700.00. It had 172k mi., but the lady had $4000.00 of receipts for the cash she dumped in it for the last three years. She finally gave up. I got it and found that other than a shot thermactor pipe, bad vc gaskets, and bad intake gaskets, she was mechanically great. I replace the gaskets and de-smogged. It already had a brand new tranny, and good running, tight motor. R-12 still blows cold. I just put on a new right front caliper (it was sticking) yesterday, and a class IV trailer hitch and wire harness for a grand total of $15.00 for the OEM caliper!! and 5.00 for the harness, the hitch was free!!!! We use it as a truck, and for hauling the dog or goats in back. Its first job was hauling full sheets of plywood home for the chicken coop. with the tailgate up.
    1991 GM GS sedan "Love Boat" HO converted, Holley adjustable fpr, 3.27 Trac-lok - RIP
    1991 Colony Park LS "Wally World Express" HO, 3.27 trac-lok - RIP
    1988 grand marquis ls "grey ghoul" - RIP 1992 gm ls "superbeater"- sold 1993 F350 dually 7.3 IDI crew cab flatbed "killer" - RIP
    1994.5 F350 Dually Crew Cab Flatbed, Powerstroke 7.3 "overkill" - Alive and kicking
    1987 Lincoln Town Car "El Presidente" - Resting for winter, gonna be a beast!
    2008 Mustang, no name - belongs to the wifey

Looks good man, but what is instaclear?
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Instaclear is the factory instant heated windshield, that clears your view so you don't have to wait for your defroster to warm up in winter.
      1991 GM GS sedan "Love Boat" HO converted, Holley adjustable fpr, 3.27 Trac-lok - RIP
      1988 grand marquis ls "grey ghoul" - RIP 1992 gm ls "superbeater"- sold 1993 F350 dually 7.3 IDI crew cab flatbed "killer" - RIP
      1994.5 F350 Dually Crew Cab Flatbed, Powerstroke 7.3 "overkill" - Alive and kicking

Comment

cool! wish I had that lol
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

unfortunately the instaclear windshield is no longer produced...........i wanted one for the towncar a few yrs back.

nice colony park! i always wanted a wagon.......the volvo is my first
          scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

InstaClear would be the shit! I had never heard of it before now, but those of us up north could really take advantage. Here is an article from '85 that I read:
            http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...v93/ai_3971794
            Too bad they don't have it anymore...

Comment

Just thought I'd post and prove I still exist, its been a while. After my Love Boat got crushed by a tree, I shortly thereafter had the pleasure of the wagon's tranny toasting, so I pulleds the semi ho motor from the boat along with the tranny, finished the swap of the cam, injectors, and mark 6 EEC and voila, HO wagon. I also swapped the rear axle, and voila, 3.27 locker!! That was about six months ago. THe it developed a horrific short in the "instaclear" transformer that almost burnt the car up, but we stopped the fire and fixed the wiring to take the transformer out of the loop. Thanks to a sweet tailgate from WagonMan I also put on a new tailgate and compartment door in the rear!! Yay!!

Comment

Take care of that wagon. It's RARE. not many 91's made. Well, not many wagons period! Less than 8K for any model year
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

My 90 parts car had one of those windshields. Didnt work though. I dont see that many waggons around here, maybe one or two a month. I pass one regularily on my way to work, but the ones I see are all complety beat to shit and look horrendous. Had to do tires on one last week, had a k-code in it, was considering seeing how fast I could swap rear ends Nice wagon man.
                  sigpicVic Videos Here http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...676#post243676
                  Vic's Reader's Rides Page http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16917
                  Vic's Cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2532949
                  1975 Chevy C-10 Cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3371894

Comment

wow youre alive? have that pig roast yet this yr?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Not yet, I hope to burn one this fall. I have been really busy building a house, so I have done practically nothing but work on it. I should be done framing in a week or so though. If things go well and I get things done close to ontime, I would like to roast around late Septemberish. Great to catch up a little, looks like tons of new members, so thats good.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyShackelford View Post
                        InstaClear would be the shit! I had never heard of it before now, but those of us up north could really take advantage. Here is an article from '85 that I read:
                        http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...v93/ai_3971794
                        Too bad they don't have it anymore...
                        x99999999999

I WANT IT
                        1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
                        FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

I have the heated windshield. I think it worked sometimes. First, something on it went bad not too long after I got the car that made the amp light go on and I had the amp light bypassed. They said it was because the stator went bad in the module for the heated windshield and that parts were no longer available. I thought that meant it was broken so I went to trying to do my own repair being that they said a module was bad. I found a new module that goes in front of the battery and a new module that goes in the dash because I was eager to see it suddenly clear my windshield. Like I said, it seemed to indicate it was on sometimes and the engine would increase idle but who wants to wait that long. The windshield was crack free until ice from a semi put a small crack on it. The real tragedy is that one day later I turned it on and watched it for a couple of minutes. Then when it was done, I heard a crack. There was now a crack going accross the whole bottom of the windshield right above the yellow line. That was the last time it operated and it slapped me in the face by cracking itself. Some day I will try to get it in operation again by getting a windshield from a salvage yard or something but my budget is totally screwed for what seems like eternity.

Comment

looks like a good car man. take of her, oh, if youre hauling with it id put an external tranny cooler on her to keep the tranny happy. but htats me

Comment

Originally posted by grandmarquisdriversince98 View Post
                              I have the heated windshield. I think it worked sometimes. First, something on it went bad not too long after I got the car that made the amp light go on and I had the amp light bypassed. They said it was because the stator went bad in the module for the heated windshield and that parts were no longer available. I thought that meant it was broken so I went to trying to do my own repair being that they said a module was bad. I found a new module that goes in front of the battery and a new module that goes in the dash because I was eager to see it suddenly clear my windshield. Like I said, it seemed to indicate it was on sometimes and the engine would increase idle but who wants to wait that long. The windshield was crack free until ice from a semi put a small crack on it. The real tragedy is that one day later I turned it on and watched it for a couple of minutes. Then when it was done, I heard a crack. There was now a crack going accross the whole bottom of the windshield right above the yellow line. That was the last time it operated and it slapped me in the face by cracking itself. Some day I will try to get it in operation again by getting a windshield from a salvage yard or something but my budget is totally screwed for what seems like eternity.
                              Does your windshield have like a reddish tint to it?

Comment

Working...
                              X