Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

reason why full length headers won't fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reason why full length headers won't fit?

why won't full length headers fit space wise? i thought with all the room these things had they would. i'm curious because i was debating at some point full length headers for the shiftmeister
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

i just put a set of Mid legnth heasers on my 85 with a 351. if you dont have acces to a welder dont even try it. i had to bring all the tubes closer to the block about 1". the number 8 tube wasdesigned to go over the steering shaft of a Mustang, however on ours it cannot go around the shaft so that tube needs an additional 3/8" taken off, after you do that you have 2 choices either 1. rebend a new tube for the #8 or #2. what i did cut a slot about 85% of the way through the outside of the upper bend to allow the tube to align with the flange. then all this has to be welded back up total time involved in cutting fitting and welding, id say about 5 hours.
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

k, hmmm
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

full length headers are a pita anyway.........wish i would have never installed them on my 73 cougar

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Oh yeah, i'm workin' on this
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Are custom made full length headers an option? We could all do a group purchase.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
            Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
            5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by N A
              Are custom made full length headers an option? We could all do a group purchase.
              As far as I know, no one makes one except for the '03+ Panthers. Stainless Works and Kooks make headers for them.
              2001 Grand Marquis LS
              SuperMotors Page
              CJMF
              Motorsports North East

Best 1/4 Mile : 15.771 @ 86.96 mph 11/05/05
              224 RWHP - 250 RWTQ - 03-18-06

New Best 1/4 Mile :
              15.195 @ 89.79 mph 2.207 60' 11/03/06 - Race weight 4458 lbs.

Comment

Working...
              X