Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new front speakers installed finally. DUW.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new front speakers installed finally. DUW.

what the title says. finally ripped out the three way eclipse pos's and now sporting the oz audio vector 5x7's. sounds real good up front now.

old busted:

new hotness:

sound way better than those eclipse's. too bad the company went out of business i got lucky and scored a pair of them at a closeout price. would of been awesome to build up a system out of their speakers.

more pics:

what do you think?
    sigpic2004 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    07 P71 dual exhaust h pipe cat back with 24" glass packs Pioneer DEH-P6000UB HU Infinity 2 way 6x8's, Oz Audio 5x7 2 ways, Fultron Tweets, Infinity 1211a and Alpine type R 12"
    1999 vw bug work beater

I think the illuminated tweets would drive me nuts. Maybe not so bad if you put more blue LEDs in the cabin below your field of vision for mood lighting. Good to hear they sound good!

Comment

yeah they arent as bright as the pics make it seem, lol. i have been wanting some illuminated speakers for a while ever since a friend got some hifonics components with the illuminated center caps a while back, i was just lucky i happened upon these at the tint shop.

i wanted to try some different 5x7's since the eclipses really let me down audiowise when i first got them. i had heard some of the eclipse two ways and was very impressed by them but the three ways just didn't have those sparkling highs i was looking for,

the funny thing was i didn't even know they were illuminated until after i got home with them, lol, but yeah definitely good investment.
      07 P71 dual exhaust h pipe cat back with 24" glass packs Pioneer DEH-P6000UB HU Infinity 2 way 6x8's, Oz Audio 5x7 2 ways, Fultron Tweets, Infinity 1211a and Alpine type R 12"
      1999 vw bug work beater

Comment

did that require a seperate power wire to iluminate them? I have never installed a set that light up. do they pulse to the music or how does it work? would be interesting to see if they run off the speaker wire. is there a way to turn them off? is that a DVC speaker? i see two sets of inputs. looks awsome!
        What happened here?

Comment

nice!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by crown vic muscle View Post
            did that require a seperate power wire to iluminate them? I have never installed a set that light up. do they pulse to the music or how does it work? would be interesting to see if they run off the speaker wire. is there a way to turn them off? is that a DVC speaker? i see two sets of inputs. looks awsome!
            yeah the second input you see is dedicated for the led, really simple 12v connection, power and ground, i just added a fused circuit to the power window lead since that wire is hot on both accessory and run so its on whenever the key is on,

i think if they pulsed to the music they would drive me nuts. but man i'm so happy i can hear those highs and mids now. damn, i love it. and i thought the infinity's had some serious highs, hehe, now the band is back up front where it should be.
            1999 vw bug work beater

Comment

very nice, never would have thought to use the window wire, very clever
              What happened here?

Comment

hehe, thanks.
                1999 vw bug work beater

Comment

I don't think they are out of business, their web site is still up and you can order from it. There is a airplane outfit with the same name that closed.
                  89 CV LX 225/60 x 16 tires, CC819 rear springs, Front & rear sway bar, trans & PS cooler from 90 cop car. KYB shocks, F-150 on rear. Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe. Dark brown door panels, carpet, steering wheel, trim parts from a 87 Mer GM. Power front buckets from 96 Jeep Cherokee. LED'S front & rear. 3G Alt from a 97 Taurus wagon 3.0. Electric fan. Rear axle from a 97 PI 3.27 with disk brakes. Headlight relays.

Comment

Those look awesome in the panels... I love the glowing blue!
                    1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                    1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                    1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Very cool!
                      1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                      1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                      1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                      1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

thanks again guys. anyways, glen which website did you go too, i visited their australian page but it seemed as though it has not been updated in a while. i couldn't find their american page anywhere. cause if i can get some more of their speakers i'm there!
                        1999 vw bug work beater

Comment

just another thought, wiring them into the door light, then its only on with the interior lights. change the interior lights to blue and your in busisness!
                          What happened here?

Comment

nah too many bulbs to change lol. you're right though it would look bad assed like that.
                            1999 vw bug work beater

Comment

i changed all of my interior lights, trunk and hood to blue, looks great, but TONS of bulbs to replace
                              What happened here?

Comment

Working...
                              X