Hot air like a fan blowing on passenger side when idling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot air like a fan blowing on passenger side when idling

Stopped off tonight on my way home and while getting something out of the back seat for somebody noticed super hot air hitting me in the face like a fan on high speed coming from under the passenger side of the car while it was idling for about 3 minuites.I have noticed this before but not to this extent.I chalked it off to the hot climate down and the a/c in never off.The car was running for awhile before i stopped.

Is this normal?

The car is a '99 GM with 102k &HPP babied miles.Just had the oil changed recently at the dealer and they did not mention anything needed attention.They are usally pretty good at doing that&usally don't rape me when i bring it in for service.
    99 Grand Marqius/HPP/103k
    05 Crown Vic/LX/10K/Dads

do you have the vents for your climate control coming out from under your seats like in my towncar?
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

this is normal, especially if its hot. just the radiator fan doing its job!
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

There should be vents under the seats.
        -Michael

Comment

Thank you everybody for answering.No worry than.The fan does kick on all the time due to the super heat.The temp is usally in the 90's with dewpoints in the upper 70's all the time in the summer with no let up.
          05 Crown Vic/LX/10K/Dads

Comment

I live in the panhandle, and it gets hot as balls here.

I could only imagine what dade county feels like!
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

It's like living in a sauna.Without A/C in the house/car or where you work life would be unbearable.If the A/C goes out in my house or car it will get fixed the same day or the next.ALL the rain makes it worse with the humidity like now.
              05 Crown Vic/LX/10K/Dads

Comment

Working...
              X