Factory CD player for my GMQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory CD player for my GMQ?

I have the owner maunal books for my car and saw 1991 Ford Cd player for Crown Victoria and Grand Marquis in the book. I did checked ebay but seem very hard to find the factory Cd player. But I still like Pioneer cd deck for my car..I dont
    mind.

Have you seen the original 1991 Ford CD deck for CV and GMQ before?

Jason
    Last edited by Jason_GMQ91; 12-12-2008, 02:10 AM.
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

no, but I have one in my 1991 Mark VII. probably its the same radio. They were not common, and cost a lot of money when new. They also have reliability problems at this age, and cost more than an aftermarket radio to have rebuilt. I have a $285 receipt for the overhaul on the one in my Mark VII. I like the looks and performance of the radio, but if mine dies, I am not spending that much to have it fixed again. It will get an aftermarket stereo.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Never seen one in person, but I think marquisman had on in his '91 Merc.

Here's the Town Car one (CD was only available on top of JBL 12-Speaker Premium Sound in the TC's):
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

holy crap....if i ever get a towncar...and i'm thinking about it instead of a vic.....i want that console piece.....no i dont need it for a second single din....that is a kick ass factory spot for guages....

or even put the headunit there and gauges int eh stock radio slot angled up....either way works...

Comment

Those are really rare. 88-89 only, and it was like $1300 or something insane for the option. The JBL system in those sounds really kickass though.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

would putting in a cd player out of a cougar/mustang or something work? Its a single din and looks like it would belong. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-...1%7C240%3A1318

take a look at the pic, it might look pretty cool and it will look stock
            Attached Files
            What happened here?

Comment

the one i had for the '91 merc was origonally out of a 92 t-bird that had primium sound

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by LumpyCheeseman View Post
                holy crap....if i ever get a towncar...and i'm thinking about it instead of a vic.....i want that console piece.....no i dont need it for a second single din....that is a kick ass factory spot for guages....

or even put the headunit there and gauges int eh stock radio slot angled up....either way works...
                That's not a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by crown vic muscle View Post
                  would putting in a cd player out of a cougar/mustang or something work? Its a single din and looks like it would belong. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-...1%7C240%3A1318

take a look at the pic, it might look pretty cool and it will look stock
                  I believe the connectors are the same from 88-94 or so. I know slightly later model Mark VIII radios work in the Mark VII, and the Mark VII has the same connectors as a Towncar. Not going to swear that a Grand Marq has the same plugs though.

Comment

We talking about those rectangular ones? The real short but wide ones?

Comment

Factory premium rulz!! If I coulda run my towny's amp with aftermarket CD I woulda. All my premium shit is at scotts, amp/wires radio. It sounded great just had no use for it.
                      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                        there is one of those for power, and a small square plug for the line out to the factory amp. Early models don't have it, and I dont think the Vic had it either, at least not up to 89. Not sure about 90+. I know 89 Lincoln radios and 89 Vic radios are not the same. They look identical but the plugs in the back are not the same and the amplifiers used are also not the same. Vics got that trapezoidal "football" amp, Lincolns got a square black finned thing. I'm not sure but I'd bet the Mercury got the same amp as the Vic.

Comment

all mercs that i have(and had) have the same black finned amp.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by LumpyCheeseman View Post

x2 I'll have to look for that in the junk yard now!
                            LPP71 from CVN

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                              those are for the none premium sound john. and you can put a newer ford radio in My radio is from a 94 Taurus lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Working...
                              X