Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RUST!!!!!!!!

Fucking rust man.

It was all along the underside of the trunk lid, but this is the worst of it.

I used a wire wheel and sandpaper to get most of it off. The rust managed to get under the caulking they use at the factory to seal where the skin of the trunk lid is wrapped under the inside. I then used a spray on rust converter to take care of the rest I couldn't reach.

I recaulked the seam with some caulk. I then smoothed it out and waited for it to cure.

Painted with gloss white rustoleum, I think it looks damn good.

That is pretty much the only major rust on GL. There are little spots where the paint has been chipped off the hood and the edge of the roof above the windshield down to bare metal. Can anyone give me any suggestions on how to fix this?

Fin
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Both of my boxes were worse. They seam to be proned. Does look good.

Comment

Yeah, I did mine a few months ago. It had rusted clear through about 40% of the inside sheet metal. I can't find any spray can paint that matches though :cuss:

That does look good man. Sometimes I wish I had a white or a black car.....ok I always wish it was black

Comment

Looks good. Want to come fix my lower rockers on the Townie?
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

rust sucks dead donky balls
          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

your hood isnt fiberglass?

Comment

I did here something about aluminum hoods, but not fiberglass.

Comment

my hood is one of the two... i cant remember. havent seen my car in 8 months

Comment

Towncars from 86 onward I think used aluminum. Vics, GMs and older Townies had the steel monsters.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I got the heavy duty steel hood. It's fucking heavy.

Looks good. Want to come fix my lower rockers on the Townie?
                    Sure, my only demand is that you supply me with 10 pounds of hard candy. I have an addiction to support.
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Aluminum hoods eh? Thats pretty funkin cool. Wish the mustang's had come with those.
                      1988 Ford Mustang coupe: 4cyl conversion, 5spd, 600cfm holley, roller rockers, headers, 2.5\" mac exhaust, alum. driveshaft, HD clutch, poor mans posi, blah blah blah.....

1993 Sable: Ultra Beater

Comment

Working...
                      X