Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you remove headlight unit in 92 mgm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you remove headlight unit in 92 mgm?

I need to replace my right headlight unit in my 92 grand marquis. there must be a crack somewhere since there is about an inch of water(and ice) thats inside the plastic. ive already lost a set of bulbs too. I noticed there are 3 or 4 bolts that hold the thing in place, but theyre held in place not by a regular nut but some sort of black plastic cap. any help, pics, etc would be helpful.
    '92 Grand Marquis GS
    Cardomain site - [http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2248880/1[/URL]

There should be on each side, two black L brackets, pull up (they can be a b***h) and boom that should free them.
    LPP71 from CVN

Comment

The Aero body style headlamps are held in by Snap rings. When you look down and you see those wierd-o black plastic caps...Those are part of the adjustment mechanism.

What you are after are those RIDICULOUS clips that are around them. You need to spread the tabs with holes in them and pull up. They suck...sorry ! You should get a set of 90* snap ring pliers for the highest degree of success and the lowest degree frustration.And try to push up on that lip you see between them with a screwdriver.use the radiator support as a leverage point.

Once you have those off the lenses can be wiggled out.

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X