radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

radio

i got a jensen dvd/cd radio and want to know whats a best way to install this slighty heavy radio cause theres no mounting points from the original radio
    the only support is the dash face plate

you can get an install kit for boxes older than 90, for 90-91's the unit will fit fine just using the din cage.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

i hope you didnt actually pay money for that thing....jensen is junkheap material.

Comment

I use/d Jensen products (never with an integrated DVD) but none the less, never had a problem with anything I purchased from them, which would be couple of radios(for multiple cars), amplifiers and speakers.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I've had a Jensen marine stereo on our boat for 7 or 8 years now, not a single issue with it. I hate the looks of the thing, but it and the hard wired remote thats exposed to weather hasn't given me issues so I can't complain.

And +1 on the install kit. Its a plastic ring that the radio will slide into to mount it. It doesn't seem like it will hold, but it works. If you're concerned about it and your original radio has one of those rear support brackets on it you might be able to adapt it to the new radio. Not all of them had that rear bracket tho, possibly its a Lincoln thing.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

many times there is a place to hook a ground on the new radio... attach the rear support from stock to the new one for added support along with the install kit you can get from walmart
            Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Ive had great luck with my jensen in dash dvd flip out. I ran it in my bronco and the only problem I have had with it is the cd's wouldnt eject right. But Im sure thats cause it was full of dirt. Picture quality isnt the best but its a good unit. As far as installing, I just filed the trim plate so it fit and put the cage that came with it in. My car does lots of bouncing and it aint broke nothing yet so I'm not working about it. My car is an 89 if it matters.
              1989 Grand Marquis LS
              flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Working...
              X