Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? to remove fuel rail. *!*!!!!! Bracket

Hi,
    Long time lurker, first time poster. My plastic intake manifold bit the dust on the way home from work. I decided to give it a whirl myself following the link in the tech articles. Everything was going nicely until I tried to remove the fuel rail. There is a bracket (pics attached) preventing me from removing it and also looks like it will get in the way of removing the manifold. I cant find a way to remove it. There appears to be a bolt back by some wiring, but if I take it off, I probably will have trouble getting it back on. This was obviously done on purpose to stop the hack repair it yourself types like me.

Am I missing something or is there a trick to it? I decided to stop for the day and ask for some help before I mess it up or break something.

Thanks,
    Todd
    Attached Files

um what year is it? CVPI?
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

2000 Grand Marquis with the HPP. I ended up bending it a bit and got the fuel rail off. This morning I am dealing with how to the remaining bolt out that holds the manifold in. Slow going and no way I am going to get a socket on there with a torque wrench.

Comment

i have an aluminum intake and the elbow for the thermostat has to be taken off for the manifold to come off. i dont know if thats the same for the plastic intakes. you may have to "adjust" the intake with a mallet and or screw driver to get it to budge. its a good idea to replace the intake manifold gaskets whilst the intake is out.
        try a stubby wrench?
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

That would be the infamous '98+ crash bracket. Many remove the wiper tray completely for better access.

Step by step w/ pictures on that can be found in the body of knowledge forum on crownvic.net (must be logged in to view)

Now that it's off, I would toss it in the nearest trash receptacle.
          -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
          My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
          Modifications
          Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

Working...
          X