GL goes toothless!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GL goes toothless!

Took off all the chrome stuff so I can fix the front end a little.

Some guys on here know what this is about. The damn paint gets bludgeoned off the car by the wind and bugs. This was my repair for the day.

Heres what it looks like now. I had to sand all the way down to the fiberglass. Some of the chips were actually in the fiberglass too, so I used some bondo in those spots. I then used white gloss spray paint. I am going to go over that today with some gloss clearcoat. The white matches pretty close to the color of the car. I wonder how long this paint will last on here.

I was wondering if anyone had thought of putting lights in those clear lenses between the head lights? I think that would be pretty cool.

Anyway, it looks 100% better, no more paint chips, and no more primer over the right headlights anymore.
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Looks great!

Def an improvement, stone chips are teh suck
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

i wanted to put blue LED lights in my bros LTC bessles but he does not want them, lol, so i say do it! and nice work on the front clip!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Thanks guys, I will probably put lights in them eventually, not a big priority at the moment, but it will be done.
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Looks great man. My 2 door's header is stone chipped to hell.
          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Looks good. :thumbsup:

Comment

if you can get GL to scottfest, I'll be doing LED installs on the fly :banana:
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

GL wont be making it unfortunately. The gasoline bill would be through the roof.
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Good work Jon! As a future body man I can tell you that looks really good (at least in the pics).
                  2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

It's a not as pretty as it is in the pics, I couldn't sand out some of the chipped spots, specially in teh tight spaces (between the grill and the headlights) so I said fuck it and I painted over it. Oh well. Also, when I put a second layer of paint on, it fucking crinkled the stuff under. Must not have been cured. Then when I sanded out the crinkled spots and repainted it, it was all perfect, then I hear this buzzing sound, and this fat ass knat flew right into the wet paint. This wet spot was literally the size of a quarter, and this little bastard manages to land right in it, so I had to dig him out. I just let the shit dry, I was sick of looking at it. then when I put this clear gloss on it, it crinkled some of the paint again!!!! I just left it though, it doesn't look bad unless you get really close to it.
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Working...
                    X