07, Fuel Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

07, Fuel Gauge

My Brother has a 2007 Crown Vic LX Sport....He's been having a problem latley when he goes for gas and fills up. when he restarts the car the gas gauge takes a long time to move up in the proper position but will shoot up automaticaly if he shuts the car off and restarts it. the car is still under warrenty... so hes going to make a trip to the dealer but he just wants to know whats causing the problem...any ideas. Thanks

Is the vehicle being filled up engine off, key out?

Comment

Allways...

Comment

Very strange.

Comment

thats what me and him said...so he's gunna take it to the dealership one of these days and see what they say..

Comment

Fuel anti slosh module, if a 07 has one, just being slow. As far as that goes, im willing to bet that maybe he is not turning the car off when refueling. I can fill my panther to the top when it is on and it will VERY slowly update. The issue is a module that doesnt make the fuel gauge jump around when you hit a bump and it makes the sender jump wont realize such rapid movement.

IF he is feeling risky, he can pull his IP out and find out for himself. Im not sure if they eliminated this for the new CANBUS.

Comment

Translation?
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Fuel anti slosh module probobly is acting funky IF a 07 has one. I dont know that much about the 06+

Comment

Thanks mangs, Il tell him to check it out...

Comment

The car is about to blow up, you should sell it to me for $100
                    LPP71 from CVN

Comment

LOL LOL

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
                        My Brother has a 2007 Crown Vic LX Sport....He's been having a problem latley when he goes for gas and fills up. when he restarts the car the gas gauge takes a long time to move up in the proper position but will shoot up automaticaly if he shuts the car off and restarts it. the car is still under warrenty... so hes going to make a trip to the dealer but he just wants to know whats causing the problem...any ideas. Thanks
                        I had the same problem with my 2007 GM. It's from the sulphur in the gas tank building up on the gas gauge sender. There is a very easy fix. Have him put a can of Chevron Techron in the gas and it will clean itself in just one tank of gas. Worked like a charm for me. Got it for $5 at Walmart.

Comment

Working...
                        X