possible detroit mi meet jan 18th 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

possible detroit mi meet jan 18th 2009

hey guys I know this is last minute but just wondering if anyone would be up for a meet at applebee's in ann arbor on jan 18th 2009 I know it's a sunday but just thought I would give it a try ivan, colin, rizzo, mike, nate and greg I will pm you mangs

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

ivan mike rizzo, colin greg and nate you guys have pm's

Comment

If you make it the Mongolian Barbecue in downtown Ann Arbor, you might just see my family and I there. We usually go to the Grand Rapids one, but Ann Arbor is a lot closer to the city. Parking is a biatch, though. If my family bails on me, anywhere you mangs want to go is fine by me as long as it's somewhat on the way home for me.

Comment

I copied your posts, I can be the go-between for CVN, Colin usually does this but I figger I am up now anyways.

They built a new structure a few years back, It near by so parking is NOT free but its covered and easy. besides I thought the guys with exhaust work might like to park way up so they can hear themselves...Heck I would if I still had Fakin

http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...45#Post1656345

Comment

as long as it's in the afternoon, I can make it.
          my sunday meetings got moved from 2:30pm to 10am.

2pm or 3pm or so would good work for me.

-Colin
          sigpic
          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

So we're definitely talking Jan. 18th in Ann Arbor proper?

How's the college-kid and Christmas shopper traffic this time of year? I hope to never set eyes on Ann Arbor students or shoppers ever again.

And just a thought, but I do think it'd be a lot more sporting for a car meet to find a location with regular parking available. As usual, I'd suggest something along the lines of the "Los Tres Amigos" location just off I-96 in south Lansing, which would be beyond easy for those passing by this general direction (i.e. me, Greg, and Nater if he comes).

Come to think of it, there's a Culver's that often hosts yuppie car meets during the summertime, but it's a pain to get to (about 5 or 7 miles from the freeway).

If I were to leave directly from church in East Lansing, I imagine I could safely be in Ann Arbor by 2:15 or 2:30.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

yeah what we did last year was we eat at applebee's there was a nice parking lot there.
              or if you guys want we can choose a different place to eat. I think the afternoon is better last year it was around 11:30 for lunch
              colin see if you can get bobert and the rest of the cvn mangs to come we had a good turn out last year hoping for a good turn out this year I see bobert posted over on cvn allready

Comment

If this turns out, let's all go drive down the bicyclist road Rizzo spoke of in the "caption this" thread ....

Comment

let me know where you guys want to eat. I think the 2 -3 time frame is the best time frame it's in the afternoon no to early no to late. I know rizzio would kill to see the pos in action he does admire the pos lol

Comment

I would like to come...depend on the weather.
                    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                      let me know where you guys want to eat. I think the 2 -3 time frame is the best time frame it's in the afternoon no to early no to late.
                      Chicagoland crew votes Go Mongo! There is a full bar for those who enjoy it's services, and the place is friendly to people arriving at different times. It's been about five years since I've been to the Ann Arbor one, though. Anyone been to it lately?

Of course, being in down town, it's not a good choice for parking, checking out, and taking rides in each other's cars. Speaking of which, if I do make it out there, it will be in something boring so where I park makes no difference to me.

I know rizzio would kill to see the pos in action he does admire the pos lol
                      The "POS" was dramatically transformed the same day it left my driveway for the last time. Since that day, a lot of work has been done to it, so it probably deserves a new name. Michael, do you have a name for it yet, or is it just "The P72"? Will it be put back together in time to make it?

Comment

let me know where you guys want to eat. I think the 2 -3 time frame is the best time frame it's in the afternoon no to early no to late. I know rizzio would kill to see the pos in action he does admire the pos lol
                        You're right, he is pretty batty over this little heap. Progress with the exhaust has been slow-going, but I'll do my best to have it back together and re-tuned if applicable!

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                          The "POS" was dramatically transformed the same day it left my driveway for the last time. Since that day, a lot of work has been done to it, so it probably deserves a new name. Michael, do you have a name for it yet, or is it just "The P72"? Will it be put back together in time to make it?
                          I still don't have another name .... been calling it "the P72" since it's the only P72 I own. I presume this "dramatic transformation" refers primarily to the tint removal?

Aggravatingly, I still don't have the broken collector stud out ... haven't even gotten time to throw a stud remover on it .... though I'm still clinging to hope that progress will be comparatively quick once that's attended to.

One downside is the fact that if it makes it, it will likely have to show up sporting snow tires and grody silver wheels, and I'll be lucky if I can get it cleaned up and presentable due to the consistently low temps. So forget those pics that look like the MIB car plus a few years of real street duty!

Comment

YOU REMOVED THE TINT....

Man...A guy brakes up with his girlfriend and 3 months later you're going steady...First course of action...You take out the breast implants ? W T H ?

Ok anyways...How about this all you guys figger out a day and I will just report shit back and forth.

I can do Saturday OR Sunday.

I like Ann Arbor.....Well for a meet.

Applebee's is ok.

Bd's is ok......that structure makes it a lot better to park in then it used to be.

Comment

Do we have to do mongolian BBQ?
                              I guess that would be ok, but I really liked that Applebees.
                              sigpic
                              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                              X