Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applebee's Ann Arbor MI Jan 18th 2009 meet

All right guys here are the final details next sunday jan 18th 2009 2:30 pm
    at the applebee's in Ann Arbor MI it's located at 1005 W. Eisenhower Parkway right off business 94 Ann Arbor, MI 48103 Hope to see you mangs there

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Fuckin sunday.

Ok I tell the CVN gang.

Comment

I'll be there...Bobert's commin' too.
      sigpic
      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Jolly good. Current word is, Nate'll drop by here and we'll ride out together in the black box. ("TBBFKATPOS"?) Expect 2.5" exhaust with Super Turbos; I don't think I'll be swapping carbs as planned, but with luck I'll get a chance before Sunday to see if the 1406 needs any calibration changes with the new sewerpipes. If the weather is good we can pull out my ballast and go for a ride or two ..... any rumors on how over-vigilant the cops are in Ann Arbor? All I really know is that they don't give a rat's caboodle when the university kids get wild and, according to rumor, are likewise tolerant of late-night public nudity.
        Last edited by 1987cp; 01-14-2009, 12:59 PM.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Ann Arbor is a tie-dyed liberal city...It stands to reason the Ann Arbor cops are over protective of the whiney bunch.

I actually got a ticket for an illegal turn. eisenhower is a four lane rd, 2 on each side. You cant turn left if you wanna go from West bound to east bound in a MI-Uturn.

You're supposed to go straight into Briarwood mall.

I gotz tikeetz.

No traffic anywhere..Coming out of or going into briarwood and no one on eisenhower either.... Fuckers.

U of M Police are slightly worse.

Comment

bad news guys I'm not going to be im mi this weekend I have to go to florida for a dx I was looking foward to seeing you mang again but duty calls lol sorry mang I hope your mangs understand

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Ah, that would explain the recent post about Florida.

What plans remain regarding the meet without Gabe to coordinate? Carry on as planned, I presume? At present, I'm still planning on coming, and last I heard Gnater is as well.

Comment

I am still going.

Comment

Well, that sounds like a meet, plus Colin and at least Bobert from CVN's non-GMN crowd. Is Ivan still in?

With the primary organizer dropping out, I'd be tempted to try to nudge the location a bit further west ...... but aside from time being very much not on our side, you know what happened last time I tried that!

Comment

If your spot has a bigger vacant lot without those stupid cement parking spot stops....

I am in !

Comment

Only other largish city that looks convenient, offhand, would probably be Jackson, though it may draw objections from the northern Detroit crowd. Ivan seems to know that town better than many of us, so perhaps he'd have an idea. Other than that, I'd be pretty much just throwing darts at the map at random and saying "How about Pigsqueak, Arkansas?"

Other suggestion might be to congregate at a mall for pics, etc. and treat a mealtime gathering as a separate operation? In Ann Arbor, even the sight of us all should send the cops to the vicinity about instantly!

There's always the Jimmy John's in Ann Arbor near the university - I had trouble finding parking there for one Panther back in '03 ... on days when I could actually get there, that is. University traffic prompted me to strongly prefer Wendy's on Saturdays when I neglected to bring my lunch.

Comment

Bobert and I still plan to go.
                        sigpic
                        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Bobert is a faggot. That is all.
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

You like Jon, and he's very open about his interest in frozen Oscar Meyer hotdogs. :p

Comment

Move it to Kalamazoo, and 2-3 Chicagoans just might come on over. Or, move it to Parma, and we can all meet up at a nice little place just off the highway. It's a pink building, so you can't miss it!

Comment

Working...
                              X