The Mangjura and TL meet up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mangjura and TL meet up.

Met Mangjura (Mike) for the first time tonight. I have been sitting around the house for the last day and had to get out. I was supposed to be in the neighborhood anyway, so at 10PM I headed out. Met up at a Starbuck's, took a ride in each other's cars, bought some washer fluid and drinks from a gas station, and then headed home. Anyhow, here's a few pics:

His P71 looked awesome. I thought the next Panther would be an aero TC or CV, but a P71 whale is the most likely possibility. Mangjura took me on a nice highway blast, which kinda spooked me since I had been in an accident the day before. My head is messed up from that, and I can go from normal to I don't know what instantly.

My new ride. Sorry it's so dirty, I just picked it up today.

This awesome motor pulls harder than any Panther I have sat still in with the key turned off! It's what a real motor should look like, lots of black plastic where that old-school metal usually is. And that Dual VVT...did you know Toyota only gives their cars just one VVT? Uh huh, this thing's a real torque monster! Dual VVT Powah!

Don't believe the power of the Dual VVT? Here it is pulling hard from 65MPH to 68 MPH in just 3 seconds! WOT Dual VVT Powah!

Damn, my head hurts. Anyhow, it was cool meeting you Mangjura. Once it warms up, you'll have to cruise up North a bit with us. Oh, and I found out that the A/C was on when I showed you the Dual VVT Powah! in front of Starbucks. We could have got 42 MPH in front of the strip mall if I caught it earlier.
    Last edited by torquelover; 01-21-2009, 03:26 AM.

glad you mangs had fun
    it's always great seeing the mangs in person for the first time.

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Cool, you guys were finally able to get together.

But what's with this Dodge Caliber or whatever? I hope that's a rental and not your new DD?

Still bugsome that NonSuper Motors has gone to this new thing of showing ads in front of videos. Does it even if I'm signed in to my account. Do you know if there's a way to get around that?
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I didn't know you'd been in an accident, I've just been prowling around a little lately and that's about it. If anybody could send me a link to the thread if there is one it would be much appreciated.

Otherwise, it's nice to see a little meet going on! Too bad the weather sucks tho.
        1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
        1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
        1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

All the info I have on Greg's accident was posted in WAYWO. Navigate to the Subaru album in his Supermotors whatzit and you can see pics of the carnage. Sucks, as that Subie was an awfully nice car (might not mind owning one myself someday).

Comment

+ 1 on Subies being an ok car...Wife has a 1999 Forester. Halfshafts take an hour to swap.

Murphmobile...Thought you'd like to know...I have your original sized sig pic in my rotating desktop folder. Thanks mang

Hijack over.

Go head mike...Tell them about my ringtone..ugha

Comment

Originally posted by AKA_Rizzo View Post

Damn Rizzo, you can cut a rug like noone else! When did you cut your hair?

I'm glad Mangura was able to meet up for a few minutes. Kinda corrects the GMN space/time continuum you MI sissies messed up with the Ann Arbor meet :smirk:

Dual VVT powah, yo!

Comment

Yea first meet just to show off my baby !!!!! Second member I've met. !!!!!!! That's funny as hell that the AC was on dude it was about 10 degrees out there ! Why was the air on ?
                Hopefully next time we meet up you''l be feeling a lot better & actually really want me to show you what shes got

It was great meeting you Greg. hopefully I'll be able to meet up with some more of you guys some time soon.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mangjura View Post
                  Why was the air on ?
                  Hopefully next time we meet up you''l be feeling a lot better & actually really want me to show you what shes got
                  The air was on with the defroster, lol. We need to meet up at that airstrip you told me about!

Comment

Well that air strip is down in Robinson Illinois its about a 5 hour drive. I need to find a bigger one so I can actually see just how fast she is !

That runway is actually 5109 ft then there's a lot of lights & a field so I had to stop short. But I did get her up to 110 mph.
                    Last edited by Mangjura; 01-22-2009, 01:00 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Rizzo... lol.
                      1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                      1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                      1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Rizzo told me that in addition to having the erstwhile "POS" as one of his desktop backgrounds (not that weird; I did the same thing when I first learned about the car), he made a short MP3 out of the Lower Wacker Drive video and uses it to alert him to text messages.

He's going to beat me with an H-beam connecting rod for removing the Rumblemasters.

Oh, and BTW: It really likes the 500cfm carbruletor!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post

Rizzo told me that in addition to having the erstwhile "POS" as one of his desktop backgrounds (not that weird; I did the same thing when I first learned about the car), he made a short MP3 out of the Lower Wacker Drive video and uses it to alert him to text messages.
                          Ah, so it's not Dancing Queen? I'd like to hear this ring tone someday.

Comment

http://kiwi6.com/file?id=b83ps56r

All the audio from your video.

Here's the cut MP3 message tone

http://kiwi6.com/file?id=569c5mi8

Comment

http://kiwi6.com/file?id=b83ps56r

All the audio from your video.

Here's the cut MP3 message tone

http://kiwi6.com/file?id=569c5mi8
                              That's awesome, lol. Way better than Dancing Queen I say. Hold onto that. It's the original fury of the POS immortalized.

Comment

Working...
                              X