Handleing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handleing

My dad just got my grandparents marquis, its a 99. The thing handles like shit. I was wondering how you guys have gotten them to handle, like a impala ss per se. What spring rates, shocks, bushings....steering stablizer(on w. alot more feedback?) just wondering b/c the car is scary at 90.
    Pat

Police package is the answer to all of it. Get police springs, sway bars, and drive shaft. Poly bushings all the way around, and some nicer shocks. It will be like a completely different car. There are more 4.6 Panther folks here, they shoul be along to fill in/ correct what I've said. Good luck on maken it drive better, and let me be the first to welcome you to GMN!!

Comment

My only suspension mods:

P71 "HH" rear springs

ADDCO 1" rear stabilizer bar

It's handles much better than stock. I still need to tryout some new shocks.
      -Michael

Comment

Blaze:

The P71 has the smallest rear stabilizer avaliable, 17mm or 0.68". The stiff springs from the P71 are supposed to make up for it.

Linky...
        -Michael

Comment

Size isn't everything. It could be a different metal, that is stronger, and needs less diameter to have more strength. It's prolly not, but it might me. That doesn't make much sense to put a weakers one on the P71. Do you know what the spring rate for it is in comparison to stock?

Comment

I hear you on size not being everything, but I'm pretty sure the bars are made of the same material. The P71 rear bar is also the cheapest, about 1/3 the cost of a HPP rear bar, I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Civilian rear springs - 130lbs/in.

Police rear springs - 160lbs/in.
            -Michael

Comment

Damn!! I didn't think you would actually find the spring constants you've got all the info! I agree, seeing as they are all factory Ford equipement, it wouldn't make sense for them to be made of different material.

Comment

you've got all the info!
                That's what I'm here for.
                -Michael

Comment

addco front and rear bars with poly bushings are the best bang for the buck anyday, and give you mullet mobile (Z-28)comparable handling
                  only better, the Vic-GM have a heavier ass end, not so easy to slide the ass.

Comment

Does anyone have pics, or can take them of how the late model Panthers mount their sway bars? It would probobly be a major imrpovment to upgrade to that design.

Comment

I can take some pics tomorrow.
                      -Michael

Comment

as far as I know, Addco dont make 03+ for our cars, just 79-02.
                        with the front, you lose the ball links Ford uses, and you use the hole in the lower control arm instead, with actual links like long bolts, like they used to a long time ago.

Comment

I'm just looking for rear sway bar pics. Front I don't think changes enough to warrant a conversion.

Comment

I can tell you, it does! The rear is easy. BTW I can tell you you can use 3" exhaust clamps to make a mount for the u brackets, as our vic use some funny t shaped bracket, which unless you drill a hole in the bracket on the rear end, it wont stay in there, it is a beautiful way to hold it in there.

btw I just figured out I can edit anyones post, accidently I typed this in your post, then went WOAH, wrong button.

Comment

Rear stabilizer bar axle bracket

-Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X