stereo change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stereo change

from what model F/L/M can i get a factory CD/AM/FM that will fit in my 96 MGM, i work in a high theft area, and don't want an aftermarket sterio to attract theives. i would prefer not to modify the factory two plug harness, i'm guessing a Towncar or such, so, if anyone knows, please share...

Thanks
    1996 Grand Marquis White, 288,600 miles as of 4-3-09
    4.6L cvpi engine and pcm, Dual Exhaust, Blue Leather Interior, Keyless Entry and Remote Start, DOT Strobes, LED Front Marker Lights, Running 93 Octain Fuel.

why not go with the "hidden" audio in the trunk? you can get a am/fm/cd or just a cd player to work without messing up your harness.Thats what I did with my ltd.It has a small little controler on the dash(does not take much room)Look at the Interior picture on my member page.Its right next to the am/fm/8-track.
    sigpic

Ltds Forever
    My Wife Or My Car......Ill Keep The Car

Comment

Most of the mid 90s radios should interchange as far as I know as long as the plugs look the same. Some Lincolns have premium sound, and use different connectors so you'll have to look at the back of the radio to see if its the same as what you have.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X