• Show
Clear All

2000 Grand Marquis Hissing Dash

Ok here is my problem

when i press the gas i do not hear the hissing noise
    but when i let off the gas i hear the hissing noise

it does it with the a/c on and does it with the a/c off
    but once i turn on the heat it never does it
    what could it be ???? somehting to do with my a/c vacuum lines??

I'm really not familiar with the newer panthers but I'd look into the automatic parking brake release (99% sure it has it). There should be switch thats tied into the shift lever that will release the parking brake when you put the car into drive. They will fail over time and develop slow vacuum leak hisses while you're driving. Also there's the the HVAC vacuum lines but honestly they really don't seem to fail all that often unless you've dissembled the dash before.
    sigpic
    1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
    Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

leaking vacuum motor for the climate control is probably what is leaking......i have replaced a few on the 98-02 cars

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
        leaking vacuum motor for the climate control is probably what is leaking......i have replaced a few on the 98-02 cars
        that is what i am leaning towards now what would i have to do to fix that problem buy a new climate control box??

now i had another used one at the house and i took the one out of my car and put the other used one in and it still does it

but there is like 4 hoses behind the climate control box and there is one port open thaty does not even have a hose is there suppost to be a hose there?? now when i disconnected the box i heard the sucking noise like vacuum

what should i do b/c this is really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 annoying

thnaks alot

vacuum motor is there on the climate control?? or it located some where else in the car??

Comment

the part that was leaking and hissing and making this horrific whistling noise was a 2001 crown vic hpp........it is a vacuum motor.....buried up under the center of the dash. it is not the control unit......this thing looks like a little silver can with a vac hose and an arm attached to it

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

the part that was leaking and hissing and making this horrific whistling noise was a 2001 crown vic hpp........it is a vacuum motor.....buried up under the center of the dash. it is not the control unit......this thing looks like a little silver can with a vac hose and an arm attached to it
            ok now do i have to take the whole dash apart to get to it???

and when i call the parts store what should i ask for a vacuum motor??

can i reach it without takeing the most of the dash off??

Comment

need to call the dealer
              dash does not need to come out.....just need to be a contorsionist and have avg size hands to get in there

Comment

need to call the dealer
                dash does not need to come out.....just need to be a contorsionist and have avg size hands to get in there
                thank you very much i will be calling tommorrow to order

Comment

can you tell me the main name for this part b/c i have been looking all over the internet and Ford oem parts websites and i can not seem to find this part help me out thanks

Comment

evap motor or condenser motor??? is it one of these?? or is it just a can?

Comment

1W7Z19E616AA for non atc
                      XW7Z19E616BA with atc
                      check teamfordparts.com

Comment

what is ATC???

Comment

automatic traction control??? i have a button in glove box so do i have ATC or I Don't?

Comment

I think he means Automatic Temperature Control.
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

this part number XW7Z19E616BA with atc is for a blend door actuator this this what i need????

and the thing that looks like a can she said at the ford palce is called a vacuum control motor

there is one for

1. floor

2. winsheild defrost

3. recycling

what do i need????

Comment

Working...
                              X