2000 Marquis Blowing White Smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 Marquis Blowing White Smoke

Once in a while when i start my car it blows out white smoke and water comes out of tail pipes what could the problem be on this

i already replaced the spark plugs coil packs and new valve cover gaskets

please help

the water may be regular condecation....As for the smoke it mat be burning oil

Comment

Most cars let out a little puff of smoke during startup. What is the outside temperature when you see this?
      1998 Crown Victoria P71: Former National Institiute of Health vehicle
      1974 VW Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury93 View Post
        Most cars let out a little puff of smoke during startup. What is the outside temperature when you see this?
        umm around 45 50 i guess

Comment

Have you been able to smell the smoke? Does it have a kind of sweet aroma to it?
          1998 Crown Victoria P71: Former National Institiute of Health vehicle
          1974 VW Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
            the water may be regular condecation....As for the smoke it mat be burning oil
            Blue smoke = burning oil.

White smoke might be a head gasket problem, depends if it still smokes when the engine is warmed up. Are you loosing any coolant?

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD
            06 LTC, Silver Birtch, Fully Loaded [ The Daily ] ***POTM 4/2018
            97 Mountaineer, 5.0 H.O. , 135k, Now with functioning window

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Der_Wahnsinn View Post
              Blue smoke = burning oil.

White smoke might be a head gasket problem, depends if it still smokes when the engine is warmed up. Are you loosing any coolant?

that is what i was thinking head gasket no sir i am not looseing any coolant and once in a great while it might blow out white smoke when it is warm mostly does it sometmes when i start it up

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury93 View Post
                Have you been able to smell the smoke? Does it have a kind of sweet aroma to it?
                lol i have no i dea but it kinda smells like burnt oil

Comment

How many miles are on this car? Do you use a high quality oil in the proper weight?
                  (5w30) (5w20)

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Comment

How many miles are on this car? Do you use a high quality oil in the proper weight?
                    (5w30) (5w20)
                    10w 30 and it just turned over 123k dual pipes left the 2 cats closest to the motor on took the 2 farest from the motor off i do not know if that has anyhting to do with it
                    my car is louder then almost every truck in my town hahahaha

Comment

rrrrrr... I have dual's too and I so want to remove those cats.

If I were you I would just switch to a quality high mileage 5w30 oil and wouldnt worry too much, it might just be the fact that you removed the rear cats.

Comment

If I were you I would just switch to a quality high mileage 5w30 oil and wouldnt worry too much, it might just be the fact that you removed the rear cats.
                        you put a 05 grill on a 2000??? does it mount right up???

Comment

p.m. sent

Comment

High mileage oil?

Oil is oil in my opinion. The high mileage stuff can be bad/good depending on type. Ever see the slick 50 style oil? Slick 50 is some HORRBILE stuff. As far as that goes, the best damn thing for these cars is not 5-20 and is 5-30 IN MY OPINION. 5-20 was for CAFE fine avoidance. That one MPG did matter ALOT.

Honestly, if your not losing coolant, i would not worry. If your really worried, go to the parts store, get a head gasket tester kit. I cant remember the exact name, but it tests the coolant for exhaust vapors that get in with a blown HG. Blown head gaskets are pretty rare on near stock 4.6s. Remember, the 4.6 was originally built as fords competition for the northstar, where ford won in reliability, GM won in performance.

Change the coolant as well.

If it makes you feel any better, my 95 does it, my 04 CVPI does it (nothing wrong with it), a 07 CVPI i test drove the other day does it, and mostly every other panther does it in the winter.

Comment

Oil is oil???!!!

READ THIS!
                              http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...88#Post1154688

Comment

Working...
                              X