Still Having AirBag Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still Having AirBag Issues

airbag system was flashing a code 12, replaced fuse, now is flashing a 42, does anyone have a complete list of the DTC for the airbag system on a 1996 MGM? if so, feel free to email me it. or PM thru the forum.

Thanks a million
    1996 Grand Marquis White, 288,600 miles as of 4-3-09
    4.6L cvpi engine and pcm, Dual Exhaust, Blue Leather Interior, Keyless Entry and Remote Start, DOT Strobes, LED Front Marker Lights, Running 93 Octain Fuel.

Primary Crash Sensor, Driver's side. Either a malfunction, or someone hit something and the bags didn't go off.
    Google is your friend mang.
    Last edited by 86VickyLX; 01-25-2009, 11:23 PM.

Comment

ok, i had no luck on yahoo search, thanks man, i'll check it out. already disabled the system, so it couldn't go off when working on it
      1996 Grand Marquis White, 288,600 miles as of 4-3-09
      4.6L cvpi engine and pcm, Dual Exhaust, Blue Leather Interior, Keyless Entry and Remote Start, DOT Strobes, LED Front Marker Lights, Running 93 Octain Fuel.

Comment

have you ever found out what the problem was?? i'm having a similar problem with my airbags right now....

1996 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS GS
        "THE GREEN BASTARD"

Comment

Originally posted by TROYCO View Post
          have you ever found out what the problem was?? i'm having a similar problem with my airbags right now....
          Is your light also flashing code 12?

Comment

not too sure what a "code 12" is, i had it hooked on a scantool and it gave me a B1867 code as well as a B1913 code....but the air bag light blinks once with a 2 second pause, and twice with a 5 sec. pause. it repeats this pattern about 5 times before staying on solid. i've also noticed the #10 fuse is blown, indicating a problem somewhere...
            Last edited by TROYCO; 03-02-2009, 07:15 PM.

1996 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS GS
            "THE GREEN BASTARD"

Comment

DTC B1913 : Air Bag Circuit Shorted to Ground

(Text below is by of our friend Steve '83...)

Pinpoint Test A: LFC 12/52/DTC B1867 — Lost Battery Feed or Low Battery Feed Voltage

Normal Operation

The air bag diagnostic monitor (14B056) measures the voltage at Pin C209-14, Circuit 937 (R/W). The voltage at Pin C209-14 should be equal to battery voltage. If the voltage at Pin C209-14 drops below 8 volts, the air bag diagnostic monitor will flash a lamp fault code (LFC) 12 on the air bag indicator. If the voltage at Pin C209-14 drops below 5 volts, the air bag diagnostic monitor will store diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1867 in its memory. Should the loss of battery voltage at Pin C209-14 be intermittent or repaired, the air bag diagnostic monitor will flash an LFC 52 (or higher priority code if one exists) on the next ignition switch cycle.

Possible Causes

WARNING:
              Do not under any circumstances substitute another fuse value for the power distribution box fuse 2 (10 a). Any fuse other than 10 a can cause disarming failure and can result in danger to the occupants of the vehicle. Do not attempt to replace the power distribution box fuse 2 (10 a) unless the battery ground cable has been disconnected and the backup power supply energy has been depleted. To deplete the backup power supply energy, disconnect the battery ground cable and wait one minute. Be sure to disconnect auxiliary batteries and power supplies (if so equipped).

Note:
              If a short to ground exists on any of the air bag module Circuits 607 (LB/O), 614 (GY/O), 615 (GY/W), or 616 (PK/BK), leading to a lamp fault code (LFC) 13 or 53 and a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1913; or, similarly, a short to ground exists on any of the air bag sensor circuits 617 (PK/O), 619 (PK/W), 624 (Y/W), or 625 (Y/LG), leading to an LFC 14 or 54 and DTC B1914, the air bag diagnostic monitor will activate an internal solid state switch at Pin C209-13 of the air bag diagnostic monitor. The activation of this switch shorts Circuit 937 (R/W) to ground, causing the power distribution box Fuse 2 (10 A) to open, thus disarming the air bag supplemental restraint system (SRS) and preventing inadvertent air bag deployment.

Lost battery feed voltage at Pin C209-14, Circuit 937 (R/W) can be caused by:

l an open in Circuit 937 (R/W).

l an open in the power distribution box Fuse 2 (10 A).

l an open in the circuits feeding the power distribution box Fuse 2 (10 A).

l a short to ground on Circuit 937 (R/W).

Low battery feed voltage at Pin C209-14, Circuit 937 (R/W), can be caused by:

l A concern in the charging system causing battery voltage to drop below 8 volts.

After the air bag diagnostic monitor has disarmed the air bag system, it will not be enabled to disarm again until the appropriate condition (DTC B1913 or B1914) has been repaired and cleared by performing the appropriate pinpoint tests.
              Last edited by 86VickyLX; 03-03-2009, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X