My wee little subs + sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wee little subs + sound

here is my homade box and the little 8 inchers (Across!!)

It's not a ridiculasly loud system and it doesn't attract attention, but has enough balls to sound good loud while cruising on the highway which is exactly what i was looking for

pretty simple

-2 cerwin vega hed-8's

-cerwin vega 350watt 4 chan amplifier (oops, i got it for cheap and it does the job :P)

-Kenwood mp3 238 reciever

that top piece looks rough but isn't actually part of the speaker box.

I use the clamp for the spare tire to secure it, even though for the first few months i didn't use it and it worked just fine.

Last edited by ÆJackacks; 02-06-2009, 10:09 PM.
    Ont And Canada PPL The Cookhouse in Dwight

91 Grand Marq . . . . . . 88 ho wagon (project) . . . . . . 80' Lincoln Mark VI

not bad. did you use sealant when you put the wood together? as in seal the joints or lay it on the end and then screw down?

i would definately carpet that though, look more pro.

:twothumbs:

Comment

i used alot of glue on the edges, then screwed down, if i take it apart again i will acoustiseal the joints. I screwed up when making the box on the right side and had to run the amp wires and such through the sub box. which probably makes a few leaks, i don't know if that is the reason or not but the sub on the right definitely does not put out as much, not sure what the problem is, whether it is leaking to much, the wires take away from the total inch volume of the box, too much insulation. . .ect.

As for the carpet, i was just trying to be a little different i guess. :P

Comment

what kind of glue? i ask because if it was a normal type glue, it might not actually fill the area, but will instead soak in.

i use tubes of liquid nails for my boxes. when assembling, the back of the box is the last to go on, as i can do caulk the rest of the box from the back, but can only do the back from the front hole. makes it pretty easy to do.

Comment

hmmm i wonder how well those plywood boards will work, most speaker boxes are made of MDF, pretty sweet setup though, i like the center mounted amp
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

dude! those 8's arent bad! CV makes good stuff... I really like the shelf install too

my 10's are older CV's in a shitty box and they sound great.
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

lol i found the glue bottle cleaning up my garage, it was this stuff called No More Nails. It looks like the glue has not soaked in cuz you can see it squished out of the sides.

Just saw the system you did on GMGT's car. looks like it's gonna Kick Some ASS!!! man these big trunks rule.

Comment

oh yea and thanks guys :P

Comment

I like the look
                  Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

I know this is old, but I might try this for mine, what did you do with the shelf speakers?
                    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

If you look at the pictures closely you should be able to see what i did with it, the flat base is the biggest part where the whole construction is held down by, it also is the base for the boxes.

the little 8"s just barely fit, and had to make a fake front which hangs over the shelf, for to have an even look around the speakers. if i were to do this again i would've used maybe louder speakers and a bigger amp because it is a little quieter than i would like, until i pop the trunk. I wanted to do ports but When i got the speakers from ebay they were only made for sealed boxes, so i made them sealed, sounds nice, just a little quiet.

Make sure you make the boxes the right volume (as in HxWxD) for the speakers and they will actually fit in the shelf space.

Comment

sorry, i meant the 6x9s that go in the rear shelf under the rear glass above the rear seat
                        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

they're still there and kickin'n

Comment

sweet! thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X