fiberglass matting, how to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fiberglass matting, how to use

for now on christines fenders, i'm gonna patch them, how do i use the fiberglass matting? my extent of bodywork is just replacing the busted piece
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

:bump: :bump:

Comment

Mix the resin and hardner and soak the mat into it. You'll have to get the air bubbles out. Once its soaked, slap it where you want it and let it harden. Try to not get that resin shit on your hands or you'll have a bitch of a time getting it off once it gets hard. Just be careful mixing the stuff up. Too much hardner and it'll cure too quick, not enough and it'll never set up.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

cool, thanks :thumbsup:

unfortunately body work will have to wait as i'm shit-broke and will be royally fucked at the end of the week(more in off-topic)

Comment

I use a cheap paintbrush to smooth it out and work out the bubbles.
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

i found that soaking the mat in resin (i.e. mixing resin in a pan, laying mat in pan till soaked, then removing mat) doesn't work well, the mat tends to pull apart and you have a real mess. I like to coat the area where the mat will be placed with resin, lay the mat on it, then brush resin over the top of the mat till it's thourougly soaked. Either way its messy as hell, have fun. I've had my fill of fiberglassing making the speedster bumps for the stang.
            1988 Ford Mustang coupe: 4cyl conversion, 5spd, 600cfm holley, roller rockers, headers, 2.5\" mac exhaust, alum. driveshaft, HD clutch, poor mans posi, blah blah blah.....

1993 Sable: Ultra Beater

Comment

Working...
            X