Make my car sit better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make my car sit better

I want my 83 two door to not sag as bad and sit a little higher in the back.
    If i wanted that would i just get crown vic wagon springs. And would this be all i would need?
    sigpic

wagon springs and gonna need new shocks for a f-150 for the extra travel...
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

If you see this before February ends just look at the top of the page and see how my car is. I have those variable rate cargo springs for a wagon. The more weight in them the stiffer they get. I did not need to install f 150 shocks because they are not tall at all, but it did get rid of my cars ass saggin.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

How much and where did you buy your springs?
        1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
        2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
        sigpic

Comment

They are about 60 bucks at advance auto. CC819, by TRW.
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

the waggin' springs lift the rear since they are a stiffer type spring ... you WILL need different shocks compared to what you have or the shocks will be extended all the way and not allow enough travel making the car handle funky over dips in the road and stuff
            Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Sorry to thread jack, but I have a question about this too. I know about the 819's and F-150 shocks in the back, that takes care of the rear, I got that setup ready to go in, but my front end sags so much it looks like it's been lowered. (Actually the whole car does)

I realize 20 years of sitting and driving can make them do that, but when I go with the 819's in the rear, I want to pick up the front to match as closely as possible. I don't think simple replacement front springs will do the trick. I read the sticky on suspensions, but didn't get a definitive answer.

I have heard several people mention lowering their cars an inch or two.
              I'd like to LIFT mine an inch or two.....maybe three, I know it sounds a bit much, but she's sagging awfully bad.

Any ideas?
              People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

1990 Crown Vic, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2003 Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by Pesty351 View Post
                How much and where did you buy your springs?
                Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                They are about 60 bucks at advance auto. CC819, by TRW.
                Yea that is about the price i paid for mine. I had them in the car now for over a year and i am still happy with them, they gave a car a slight rake that appealed to me greatly and i got mine from autozone.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

k thanks im gonna go get some wagon shocks then its gonna cost me a little bit more tho im from canada haha
                  sigpic

Comment

You want wagon springs, and your local discount parts store should have them at a similar price as you can get them in the states.
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

oh shit yeah i meant springs. . last time i checked for just stock springs for my car it was 120$ anway thanks for the help
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X