Dimmer Switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimmer Switch?

I thought I blew a fuse, but the fuse is good, but when my lights come on I can't dim my digital guages, and my a/c control lights shut off, and so does my clock? could it be the switch itself?
    sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
    [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
    [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
    [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Originally posted by The Famous Lee View Post
    I thought I blew a fuse, but the fuse is good, but when my lights come on I can't dim my digital guages, and my a/c control lights shut off, and so does my clock? could it be the switch itself?
    Don't take offense to this, but did you turn the knob mang? When my knob is turned all the way to the right, I can hardly see any lights inside the car. Try turning it all the way to the left before you turn the interior light on.

Comment

No offense taken bro, that's actually the first thing I've checked, my guages are bright as hell I can't dim them. Plus the a/c lights only come on and my shift indicator lights only come on if my interior lights are on...

Comment

Originally posted by The Famous Lee View Post
        No offense taken bro, that's actually the first thing I've checked, my guages are bright as hell I can't dim them. Plus the a/c lights only come on and my shift indicator lights only come on if my interior lights are on...
        Sounds like it could be the dimmer switch. How do you have the gauges hooked up in the dimmer wire?

Comment

I'm thinking perhaps its more an issue with the lights that aren't working. Check the grounds on those bulbs, probably need an EVTM. If half the lights aren't working, you won't get proper voltage drop on the dimmer.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

They are however the factory setup... I haven't changed anything... But I will check them the weather is nice

Comment

well, when it left the factory it shouldn't have been shutting the lights off when the headlamps came on. I'm thinking something has gone funny. Probably there is a common ground connection for all the bulbs that aren't lit when they should be.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                well, when it left the factory it shouldn't have been shutting the lights off when the headlamps came on. I'm thinking something has gone funny. Probably there is a common ground connection for all the bulbs that aren't lit when they should be.
                It just now started to shut the lights off. But if I turn on my dome light via the dimmer switch all the dash lights come back on, but if my headlamps are on my dash lights don't work. it's strange as hell

Comment

Working...
                X