Panthers On The Prowl 2009! (Ohio area)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panthers On The Prowl 2009! (Ohio area)

I was going to put something about Cleveland in the subject line, but all are welcome, as we had folks from NJ and PA show up last year.

At any rate, this is the 2nd-annual Panthers On The Prowl. We had a decent time last year for the one-day event. This time we're gonna try to make it into a weekend.

Thursday, July 9th
    Early bird blowout!
    -lunch
    -putt-putt or bowling tourney
    -dinner
    -Rock 'n' Roll Hall Of Fame and/or William G. Mather Steamship tour

Friday, July 10th
    -breakfast
    -Crawford Auto & Aviation Museum
    -late lunch
    -car wash
    -Test 'n' tune at Dragway 42, including heads-up gambler racing with payback!

Saturday, July 11th
    -lunch at an area winery (either Ferrante or Chalet Debonne)
    -cruise via OH-307 & River Road (including at least ONE covered bridge)
    -car wash
    -show 'n' shine at Annabelle's Diner
    -bonfire 'n' beers/booze/bacon at Barry's house? Most likely. Oh, and fireworks.

Sunday, July 12th
    -brunch on the outdoor patio at Hellriegel's
    -Mille Bornes tournament for the latebirds
    -bonfire/beers/rock 'n' roll at Adam's house for the true party animals

There is also plenty of cruise time allotted in this itinerary, as well as a few good photo opportunities yet to be discussed. Some of the plans may change as we get closer to the actual meet date, but I'll keep people posted.

We will have awards to give out...some of the ideas being tossed around:
    -tank of gas for the longest distance traveled
    -fastest car, R/T, et cetera (maybe even by model of vehicle)
    -best of show + runner up (possibly by make or by website?)

And for those who are traveling:
    HOTEL INFORMATION!
    We have secured a block of 25 rooms at the Red Roof Inn in Willoughby. The rate per night is $60 per night for a double (meaning you can split the cost and save some $). The hotel has recently been renovated, is in a not-crappy area (very close to my work), and each room has a fridge and a microwave. Some even have internet connections. RRI has had car clubs spend the weekend there before, most notably a Corvette club that attends regularly. You will need to mention L.A.F.F.S. to get the discounted rate.
    '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
    formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Also, it's not LIMITED to Panthers - we've got a handful of Mustangs, a Challenger SRT8, a Buick GNX, and possibly a '56 DeSoto...
    '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
    formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

I'll be there!
      2000 Police Interceptor Retired Forrest Hills P.D

Comment

If my Finances are ok. and My future job allows it, then I will be there.

Comment

Its right in my backyard, I'll have to be there! I cant wait to see what all the traditional hot rod and muscle car guys at annabelle's do when we show up in a bunch of panthers lol.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
          My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis View Post
            Its right in my backyard, I'll have to be there! I cant wait to see what all the traditional hot rod and muscle car guys at annabelle's do when we show up in a bunch of panthers lol.
            Glad to hear it! We did Annabelle's last year and people just kinda looked puzzled. This year already looks like it's going to be bigger, so we'll have to get in early and take over!

Comment

Hmm, interesting. I'll be in eastern Ohio around that time....
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Hotel rooms??? Dang, this sounds like a big meet! Hope you guys have fun!
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

This looks tempting. I'll have to see closer to the time.
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Very tempting, I agree. Since I am on duty that weekend, and will be spending a metric shit-ton of money the month before, I'm out. Anyone that does go better post up some pics and vids for me to live vicariously through

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                      Hotel rooms??? Dang, this sounds like a big meet!
                      We're hoping so.

This is only the 2nd-annual event, so we're not expecting miracles, but if this year is successful and we continue to do it for the next couple years, we'll be shooting for 100 cars.

Lofty goal?
                      You betcha.

But c'mon, wouldn't that rule?!

Comment

Originally posted by PantherP71 View Post
                        I'll be there!
                        Ew

Comment

remind me when the date gets closer

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                            remind me when the date gets closer
                            OK.
                            Bring Dee Snider with you.

Comment

There.

Comment

Working...
                              X