My vic is too slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My vic is too slow

Ok I have a 99 crown vic with a 4.6 Police Interceptor.

I of course want to make her a lot faster than she is. But like many others these days I'm pretty much broke. So I am looking to do pretty much anything I can BUT I am on a budget.

I can save up as much as I need too. but if I have to save up for a large amount of money it would take a long time.

So far I have installed "cold air" intake And I have switched the diff fluid to royal purple synthetic.

What should I do first ? What should I be saving up for ? If you had a large amount of money but also bills what are the first few little things you would do ?
    sigpic

shorty headers with a true dual exhaust would be a good start that wouldnt break the bank.

Comment

She's got true dual with the H pipe. Also she has the 4 cats would I be able to slap on the shortys with the rest of the exhaust still factory ?
      sigpic

Comment

shorty headers will work with stock exhaust so it should be a direct bolt in. you can also find yourself a performance programmer for about 3-400 bucks that will help hp and tq and adjust shift points for better acceleration. Ignition components can be upgraded as well. obviously the more money you have the more you can do but those are a few basic things you can do for under a grand

Comment

There are no cheap bolt on headers for the 4.6 panther. You will have to mod the shit out of em. Different mufflers and U/D pullies would be my first stop.
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Should I look for some Magnaflow mufflers or should I go for some other kind ?
            sigpic

Comment

depends what you like, flowmasters are another good choice as ive known magnaflows to be a bit pricey, some cherry bomb extremes are good as well and are about half the price

Comment

no mufflers are good too

Comment

Not on a 4.6. Just sounds wierd IMHO.

Comment

my buddys 04 stang has straight pipes. sounds kinda mean, just obnoxiously loud with a crappy tone and not the true musclecar sound more like a boat

Comment

There's really not any cheap way to make these things fast. If you want to go fast on a budget, just save for a faster car or one easier to mod.

Comment

I really like the deep rumble as far as sound. I do want it loud but not too loud. You know loud pipes save lives.

As for a faster easier to mod car. Well if I buy a new car it would be a CV I LOVE this thing!
                        sigpic

Comment

Without a power adder its tough to go fast fast. but you can make em hella fun. A S/C will get you to the 13s, but meh, a nicely modded 281 can still be fun. I'd be happy with 14s in my towny.

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
                            Without a power adder its tough to go fast fast. but you can make em hella fun. A S/C will get you to the 13s, but meh, a nicely modded 281 can still be fun. I'd be happy with 14s in my towny.
                            well said, if you want to go real fast you cant do it cheap. but like most people a few well minded mods can make the car much more enjoyable without breaking the bank. as far as mufflers its all personal preference in my mind. i had glasspacks on my 96 cadillac and loved it but it was pretty loud.

Comment

Was that with a 350, cause that was the last of the real caddys GM shoulda never got rid of the B-body and F-body platform. Oh well, fuckem.

Comment

Working...
                              X