Need someone with an '88 EVTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need someone with an '88 EVTM

I need a scan of the Premium sound radio pages for an '88 Grand Marquis sedan. My friend has just bought an after market radio, but I can't figure out the speakers. I have the power ground and switched power all sorted out. He doesn't want to run new speaker wires, so how can I get it to work with the original wiring and amp?

:bump:

Comment

get your friend to spend $15-$20 on a roll of wire from walmart to run new lines for the speakers. the wire adapter/harness for after market stereos doent work with the common ground setup. i buy the harness/adapter to power the stereo and buy a roll of speaker wire and run new lines to the speakers. if your friend wants affordable speakers, might i suggest the speakers you saw in Baby during SF07. they are the Dual illumninites that can be purchased at walmart. the speakers still sound as good as the day i bought them and are impressive for the price. the lights on them dont have to be hooked up, but the speakers are about $35 a pair for the 6 1/2 and the 6x9s. i dont like hooking up the dash speakers since the dash on Panthers are fragile.
      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
        get your friend to spend $15-$20 on a roll of wire from walmart to run new lines for the speakers. the wire adapter/harness for after market stereos doent work with the common ground setup. i buy the harness/adapter to power the stereo and buy a roll of speaker wire and run new lines to the speakers. if your friend wants affordable speakers, might i suggest the speakers you saw in Baby during SF07. they are the Dual illumninites that can be purchased at walmart. the speakers still sound as good as the day i bought them and are impressive for the price. the lights on them dont have to be hooked up, but the speakers are about $35 a pair for the 6 1/2 and the 6x9s. i dont like hooking up the dash speakers since the dash on Panthers are fragile.
        Looks like that's what I'll have to have him do.

Comment

There is an amp bypass kit, and a stereo install kit that allows you to just plug into the stock wiring. Go to a place that sells that stuff, and they should know what you're after. Don't cut any of the stock wires.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            There is an amp bypass kit, and a stereo install kit that allows you to just plug into the stock wiring. Go to a place that sells that stuff, and they should know what you're after. Don't cut any of the stock wires.
            Thanks Thain, I know just the place to try! Any idea how much that stuff will cost?

Comment

premie sound

i have a 87 wiht premie sound too but i used to install professionally i havnt hadf a chance to play with mine yet but i know that you can get the back ones to work on factory wiring the front ones you migt have to hardwire when i get a headsunit ill play with it and see what i can come up with just to let you know the amp does have a turn on that you might have to hook up to the blue wire on the head unit i havnt tried it yet but ill let ya know when i do. i know this system is diffrerent form my 85 so it will be fun to play with it. good luck mang
              89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
                i have a 87 wiht premie sound too but i used to install professionally i havnt hadf a chance to play with mine yet but i know that you can get the back ones to work on factory wiring the front ones you migt have to hardwire when i get a headsunit ill play with it and see what i can come up with just to let you know the amp does have a turn on that you might have to hook up to the blue wire on the head unit i havnt tried it yet but ill let ya know when i do. i know this system is diffrerent form my 85 so it will be fun to play with it. good luck mang
                Amp comes on whenever the key is in accessory or run. It doesn't matter if there is a radio or not.

Comment

Working...
                X