Exhaust differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust differences

Are there any differences between a 2004 exhaust setup on a Crown Vic/MGM and a 2006 version of the same car? I'm converting the stock single exhaust to duals on my car but what I'm finding is alot of options for the 2004 and earlier cars but nothing for my car generally.

If there are big enough differences I'll just buy the CVPI tailpipes and H-pipe from rock auto and buy a set of magnaflow offset in center out mufflers instead.
    '06 Ford Crown Victoria LX
    '03 Toyota MR2
    '99 Jeep Cherokee - 3.5" lift, 32s

There really are no differences that I am aware of. I chose the second route I just had the exhaust shop bolt on an H pipe and run the dual tails back. They unfortunately used some cheap knockoff flowmasters,which I hate. Here is the finished product.

Comment

Originally posted by Quasar View Post
      There really are no differences that I am aware of. I chose the second route I just had the exhaust shop bolt on an H pipe and run the dual tails back. They unfortunately used some cheap knockoff flowmasters,which I hate. Here is the finished product.

If I get a chance I'll call up a few local shops and see what they'll charge. Everything seems expensive up here though compared to what others get charged elsewhere so I'm going to assume I'm on my own. Wouldn't be the first exhaust work I've done and should be fairly easy considering it's all mostly factory parts. The welder, grinder and sawzall should make short work of it all.

Yours did turn out pretty well, did they use anything in particular for tips? I wouldn't mind getting something that stands out a little more then stock.
      '03 Toyota MR2

Comment

They are Magnaflow Stainless steel tips. I bought them off the shelf at the shop and there wasn't a part number. Best description I came up with from Magnaflows website was one of the oval tips but did not see a pic that struck me as being exactly like what I have.

I was quoted around 750 to have a new OEM style H-pipe and correct tailpipes from Ford mounted on, which I couldn't afford. I ended up going to another shop and paid around 400 but they "custom" bent the tailpipes. About 4 trips later and spending an additional 180 bucks at the shop that originally quoted $750.00 I ended up with what you see in the picture. I still have some minor drone and vibration issues to hunt down, guess thats what I get for trying to save some cash.

Comment

Here is my setup on my 04'
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGDPh...e=channel_page
          R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
          Originally posted by MeanVic84
          Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

Sounds pretty good. Anyone have any videos of a CV/MGM with turbo style mufflers instead? Everyone seems to go glasspacks but I'm not sure that would be legal in my state.
            '03 Toyota MR2

Comment

Here is mine, right after that first shop had the tailpipes bent all screwy. These are the original tips also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9oPB...e=channel_page

Comment

Ended up putting the police interceptor pipes on from RockAuto with the Magnaflow mufflers, it's loud enough to hear but not a nuisance. I'm happy.
                '03 Toyota MR2

Comment

Originally posted by mbood82 View Post
                  Sounds pretty good. Anyone have any videos of a CV/MGM with turbo style mufflers instead? Everyone seems to go glasspacks but I'm not sure that would be legal in my state.
                  If you have cats glasspacks won't be very loud. I am running a pair of 2" Flowtech Redhots and no cats and it isn't too bad. Should sound fairly tame with cats as well.
                  1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
                  1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
                  1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
                  1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment

Originally posted by Quasar View Post
                    They are Magnaflow Stainless steel tips. I bought them off the shelf at the shop and there wasn't a part number. Best description I came up with from Magnaflows website was one of the oval tips but did not see a pic that struck me as being exactly like what I have.

I was quoted around 750 to have a new OEM style H-pipe and correct tailpipes from Ford mounted on, which I couldn't afford. I ended up going to another shop and paid around 400 but they "custom" bent the tailpipes. About 4 trips later and spending an additional 180 bucks at the shop that originally quoted $750.00 I ended up with what you see in the picture. I still have some minor drone and vibration issues to hunt down, guess thats what I get for trying to save some cash.
                    If you have flowmaster mufflers installed, that's probably the cause of the slight drone. They are known for it... even the flowmaster mufflers that are supposed to sound quiet while inside the car, have considerable interior drone.
                    2000 Grand Marquis - stock w/ 59,000 mi.

Comment

Running round case muffler instead of oval mufflers will reduce the drone, as the flat top of the oval mufflers act as a speaker and focuses the drone into the cabin. This doesn't happen in every case but sometimes that's the cause of the droning you hear when you can't figure out why. That's most likely the reason why my Silverado drones, it didn't with my Flowtech Redhots.
                      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

walker soundFX mufflers

Do any of you guys know of any links or sites where i could hear what walker soundFX mufflers sound like? '98 MGM.england

Comment

Working...
                        X