X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many here with moonroofs?

anyone here have a moonroof?

just curious

I kinda wish mine had one because then I'd have the half vinyl roof, but I'm not sure I'd want to worry about it leaking. Considering how badly my car was taken care of before I owned it, I'm sure it would have been leaking and "fixed" with a custom duct tape seal or some shit like that.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'm conviced I'm putting a sun roof in that I'm gonna get a sunroof that opens put in mine. I used to not care, but my friend got a Scion tC with the moonroof and sunroof and I love it!! Maybe when I get it painted I'll have that done too. I'd rather have a pro do it so I don't have to worry about it leaking and crap.

Comment

i'd love to get one in shifty. i hear though that even professionally done ones leak every now and then because the roof wasn't designed to be cut or some shit like that. plus i'd be worried about salt or shit getting between the seal and the roof and starting more rust :cuss:
        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

im not worried about it leaking water, because the factory moonroof has hoses that drain into the body of the car. its air and windnoise when closed that is more annoying.

Comment

Yeah, I want mine to be flush to the roof line. More like a pop up and and slide back design. If you get the time, go check out the Scion tC at the dealership. That setup is perfect. It enables you to keep the smoth roof line and still get a sliding sunroof.

Even if it does leak, I'll have a waranty to go get it fixed for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Pimp Hard Or Bust
              im not worried about it leaking water, because the factory moonroof has hoses that drain into the body of the car. its air and windnoise when closed that is more annoying.
              true, but if you don't have a factory one.......

and finding a cv/gm in a boneyard with an intact roof with a sunroof is like next to impossible

Comment

i found one, its in my sig. and i know where another one is. :slug:

Comment

you suck then

Comment

my bros linc has a factory one :slug:

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                    X