Door Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Speakers

How big are the speakers in the door? I have the chance to get a nice set of either pioneer or alpine from my friend for cheap but i dont know how big or small i need.
    2018 F150 XLT 43k
    1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 44k
    1968 Buick Riviera

Around 6 inches i think is the size. I just needed to do a little modification (cut some lines around the existing speaker hole and bend them to make the whole bigger).
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I was at walmart this morning at around 2 looking at the pioneer and sony speakers. Friend wants $40 for a set of alpine ones. I think he said like 10 inch speakers. I want to do the dash ones and door ones when i can. Dash must be dead because i got no sound from them.
      2018 F150 XLT 43k
      1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

10inch is BIG...there may be enough room for them but again 10 inch round is BIG..

i think the dash is around 4.5 inch or something. i used 4 inch ones and they fit as well.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I was looking at these at the store to use in the doors

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=10765456
          http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=10569320
          2018 F150 XLT 43k
          1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

yea they will fit with a little modification, no problemo.
            ~David~

Comment

i have 6 1/2 inch round speakers in all the doors of the cars here. some of the cars didnt have the door speakers, so all i had to do was cut the carpet and cardboard backing. the hole in the door was fine. here is a picture of how i mounted mine and i didnt have to mod the door any besides cutting carpet...
              Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Ah Jim...but you mounted yours right ABOVE the carpeted door panel. I kept mine behind the stock speaker grille. In that case you will not have to modify the door one bit.
                ~David~

Comment

well... since i dont see a year or anytrhing specific about what you are mounting speakers to.... use the Search feature...

i did a quick search already and have seen at least 3 or 4 posts/threads specifying 6 1/2 inch in doors and 6x9 inch in the rear deck...

Comment

6.5 inch on box body cars and 5x7-6x8 for newer cars
                    What happened here?

Comment

maybe this helps....???

Photo is from a 1979 two door drivers side shell door.
                      Looks like i slipped a bit while holding the measuring tape...but it looks to be 6.5"
                      ~David~

Comment

Im probably gonna buy a set of kenwoods for the doors and the rear deck and eventually the dash. Ill replace the dash speakers when i do the dash itself.
                        2018 F150 XLT 43k
                        1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

to keep power evened out, i dont use dash... it brings down the power from the stereo and figure the dash has to share power with doors.

Comment

I got a 3g alt for the car anyway so its not a problem.
                            2018 F150 XLT 43k
                            1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

i have 6.5" behind the factory grilles in my towny......if you have a 90-91 vic speaker grille you should be able to use 6.5" speakers also

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                              X