Armo's 79 LTD 2dr build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armo's 79 LTD 2dr build.

After buying my 2dr ltd a fw months back, I have replaced and fix most of the mechanical issues(starter, entire brakes, a/c, cooling system,etc), now its time for the fun stuff. Like dual exhaust, paint, rims, slick top conversion, cd player, etc. So I will be taking pics of my ride as time allows for all the progress I have made of my 2dr LTD build.Heres how she looked when i got her. I will post current pics later.
    "Being a champion opens lots of doors—I'd like to get a real estate license, maybe sell insurance."-Mike Tyson

Oh wow that looks in amazing shape! Another LTD-S!! great to have someone else on the side with one! Welcome! and good luck with the build!
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Yes. YES. YES!!!!!!!!
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Lol wow your more excited than i am!
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Heres a pic of my new dual exhaust conversion. Its true duals from front to back. Has 2.25 pipes w/ knock off cherry bombs and a H-pipe an chrome tips. its got a nice old skool sound. It realy woke up my 302.
          "Being a champion opens lots of doors—I'd like to get a real estate license, maybe sell insurance."-Mike Tyson

Comment

Looks a lot like one that was on eBay a couple months ago. That one was in Michigan, though, somewhere around Washentaw County.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

looks good!

Comment

Surpirse!! Its green!

Welcome to the boards. It appears to be a remarkably clean ride.
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

start of the slick top conversion

Comment

Comment

you sir are scary. You didnt remove ANYTHING....doesnt even look like you removed the interior trim to access the bolts for the exterior trim. Get a flat head screwdriver. heat it it up and bend it 90* and use that to pry up the opera window trim.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        you sir are scary. You didnt remove ANYTHING....doesnt even look like you removed the interior trim to access the bolts for the exterior trim. Get a flat head screwdriver. heat it it up and bend it 90* and use that to pry up the opera window trim.
                        Thanks for the tip,but plz dont jump to conclusions this pic was taken 30min into the top removal. Patiants my friend..

Comment

man i love that car. looks good so far too.
                          Lets Go Pens!

Comment

no love for vinyl anymore

nice car mang!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by thunderbirdlver View Post
                              man i love that car. looks good so far too.
                              Thanks Dude, I'm diggin your Merauder exhaust. Looks sweet in your sig

Comment

Working...
                              X