Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lincoln almost fixed

the linc is almost fixed i just have to get the tranny in tires and exhuast
    found some 215/60/15 for it ,also have 31 inch glasspacks with turndowns,as well as smog parts removed and stuff i cant wait till i can drop it off the jacks and drive it yaaaaay!!!!
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

excellent
    tires are a bit on the small size

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
      the linc is almost fixed i just have to get the tranny in tires and exhuast
      found some 215/60/15 for it ,also have 31 inch glasspacks with turndowns,as well as smog parts removed and stuff i cant wait till i can drop it off the jacks and drive it yaaaaay!!!!
      That's good to hear mang! My transmission was the only thing that was giving my car trouble.

So what kind of tranny are you putting in there? Stock AOD rebuild? Wide Ratio?

Comment

transmission in whoot whoot!!!!!!

tranny is an AOD out of a 91 townie looks like it was rebuilt,i also have some picks of under car and the 31 inch glasspacks n stuff,finally got mad and made a tranny platform with some wood i found laying around and put the thing in myself .i was so ecxited when i got 4 bolts in now i just need to do some more stuff and ill be good to go whoot!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

backyard mechanics FTW... tell me how those glasspacks sound.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            backyard mechanics FTW... tell me how those glasspacks sound.
            ill do better than let ya know ill make a vid maybe ill even do a burnie lol,im not ase certified yet so getting into a dealership[ is kinda hard i spent the last 8 yrs learnign how be a mechanic i also can do bodywork and paint as well as upholsrty and stereos too lol

Comment

cool man its always good to know all the automotive fields always can make some dough on the side. and YES!! a video please.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

you would be much happier with 235/60/15 mang!!
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

cool i wasnt sure what to use for 60 series tires thanks for the input

Comment

exhuast...done
                    transmission...done
                    just took her out for a spin around the block and thank god thats all i did
                    when i was putting the shift cable back in its grommet underneath i heard a crack and thought nothing of it i should have checked anyway however the tranny shift s well but was shifting funny like it was having a hrd time so i got it home and lo and behold what do i find but the top peice of the tranny cable snapped off!!!! right now im madder than ahornet but ill call up the yard tomarrow and see how much they are at least i know it runs good actually better than when i got it anyway ill have it fixed completly soon

Comment

shit like that always happens. Finish up one project and something else goes wrong.
                      ~David~

Comment

how do the glsspacs sound? do you like them? in the video on my readers ride is the sound of 18" glasspacs with side exit
                        ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
                        ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

everything is fixed now picked up another cable at the boneyard for 35 bucks put it in ,took about 15-20 min adjusted the cable but i might be slightly off but not by much at all vid coming soon!!! love my glasspacks they are 31 inch thrush,nice and growly but low rumble too
                          Last edited by zoomie; 05-09-2009, 08:47 PM.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq2Bfk33utA
                            and heres the new vid i made !!!!:3gears:

Comment

Sounds good! Is that Tenacious D I also hear??
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                              X