Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Amp?

My amp may be blown.

When two interior wires touched it blew the fuses.

I fixed them, replaced the fuses, now the radio is off, because you have to turn it on after you connect the negitive to the battery, so I put it on and it sparks real bad, and I pull it off go to the trunk and the amp is smoking a bit. I take it out and open it up. I see nothing wrong.

Also the fuses never blew and they are the correct amp.

Do you think there's a place to repair it?

My friends did the dame thing. It was like a 2 dollar part that broke on the board and he had to solder a new one on. Ill ask him what it is.
    1989 Grand Marquis LS
    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Thanksm, I appreciate that. I don't see how I could of fried the board.

Comment

might have fried the output transistors. When they go usually they open up internally, but sometimes they short out.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

He forgot what it was. But i think it was some sort of transistor or voltage thingy.
          1989 Grand Marquis LS
          flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

It started smoking where the controls were.

I guess I'll take it to a shop. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
            X