• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to supercharge the LSS

say i can get a used mustang supercharger kit for around a grand
    brands to avoid?
    mounting the whole mess.....i'm assuming i'm gonna have to get creative
    discuss

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

what style supercharger you looking for? im assuming a centrifugal one so hood clearance wouldnt give you trouble? i havent heard of any really bad supercharger kits but ive heard the paxton and vortech units usually need a rebuild every few years. kenne bell is a good one but i dont know if they make a centrifugal unit, i hear alot of people like procharger, but i havent really looked at any of there stuff. but usually you can find a used vortech or paxton unit real cheap, since thats what most of the mustang guys are using

Comment

http://www.listangs.com/forum/viewto...p?f=10&t=33016

http://www.listangs.com/forum/viewto...p?f=10&t=35897

Oh and i want you to supercharge it as well. sell your Vic!
      Last edited by 87gtVIC; 05-10-2009, 10:10 AM.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I vote positive displacement for the low-end torque. Might be hard to find on the cheap, though.

Do you like the sound of a Vortech at idle? Kinda blows the stealth quotient a bunch. I used to tell people my PS pump was crapping out, lol.

Comment

Would you have to convert your car to mass air then?
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

vortech makes silent units, but i like the supercharger whine.

Comment

Originally posted by 70torino429 View Post
              vortech makes silent units, but i like the supercharger whine.
              hell yea! i want that noise bad on my car too.
              Lets Go Pens!

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-...Q5fAccessories
                ~David~

Comment

what kind of compression ratio do you have right now? depending on the output of the supercharger you may have to add a small intercooler

Comment

9:1

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

should be fine then, since your near stock compression ratio. most kits are between 5-10psi and are used all the time on near stock mustangs, ive heard the only time guys run into detonation problems is if they go with too much timing. might have to use premium gas though

Comment

Kenne Bell 2.8L, air-to-water intercooler, twin throttle bodies, coil on plug ignition. Fits under a factory hood, and a Panther configuration will be simpler than this with no Shaker hoodscoop to worry about. You know you want it!

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featu.../photo_02.html
                        Attached Files
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 70torino429 View Post
                          should be fine then, since your near stock compression ratio. most kits are between 5-10psi and are used all the time on near stock mustangs, ive heard the only time guys run into detonation problems is if they go with too much timing. might have to use premium gas though
                          10 psi is about where you start to want an intercooler, under that tho he should be just fine. Scott, how feasible it would be to flip the Explorer intake around so its inlet gets on the passenger side? You'll have to use Mustang cables but that's no problem, can the intake itself be flipped tho? If you can do that, then installing the entire supercharger setup from a Mustang will be pretty easy, and you won't have to monkey around with custom-fabbing intake ducting...

Comment

could check out nloc.net and find a good used lightning supercharger. they would eliminate the need for custom intake piping, youd probably just have to mod the bracket a little bit since theres is meant for a 351. heres how they are setup
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                              say i can get a used mustang supercharger kit for around a grand
                              brands to avoid?
                              mounting the whole mess.....i'm assuming i'm gonna have to get creative
                              discuss
                              I've discussed a cheap blower setup for Tom's car involving factory equipment....and it's crazy enough to work.

Comment

Working...
                              X