'93 GMQ: time for another wiper-motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'93 GMQ: time for another wiper-motor

The wipers work but stay fully extended on the windshield after I turn them off...?? All comments/suggestions are welcome!
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

It could be the switch for the wipers is going bad.
    1998 Crown Victoria P71: Former National Institiute of Health vehicle
    1974 VW Beetle

Comment

wipers in the off-position...

I left work early today and hit the nearest JY. They didn't have any wiper-motors for the first-gen Aero GMQ.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Sometimes when my wipers are on an intermittent setting, they will stop in the middle of the windshield and I have to cycle the switch a few times to get them to work. Is that what yours are doing?
        1998 Crown Victoria P71: Former National Institiute of Health vehicle
        1974 VW Beetle

Comment

When I turn them off, they stay in this location. Won't go down to rest at the base of the wind-shield.
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Sounds like a wiper motor to me. Wipers that dont park are a commom problem on areos
            R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
            Originally posted by MeanVic84
            Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

Me thinks its the switch.....My wipers go on and off as they please when you have them on the first few settings..and when you put the turn signals on they turn off....I have also had this problem once with the wipers not wanting to park....so i just got frustrated and kept turning them on and off until they finally went back in....

Comment

I'm going to try and find a wiper motor this week.
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

might be the switch yea......i put a motor in skips 90 and the wipers still dont park when they dont feel like it

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                  X