99 grand marquis overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99 grand marquis overheating

looks like theres some coolant spilling out the back corner of the intake manifold, it was making a slight hissing noise and i could see some coolant behind the back coil pack. i couldnt see any coolant in the overflow can, i think ill just throw a gallon of water in there and see what happens, it looks like it had that red coolant stuff in it. going to check to see if one of those intake bolts is loose by any chance. any other things i should check? this isnt in the front of the intake, otherwise id say that crossover pipe thingy is junk. it has one of those plastic overflow caps, do they have one of those pressure release things so they can be taken off when hot? or no?

If your engine is dry now. Using compressed air blow everything away from that coil. Dieletric grease the end of the boot at the spring. Do the hole and the outside, then grease the ridges that seal at the top of the heads. You do not wanna fight a missfire during your other problems. For shits and giggles you can spread some Dielectric grease around the L shaped 90* under the coil itself. That's where they tend to crack.

Yes you can open the bottle HOT. See that small rubber hose that leads down..It's an overflow drain...Just burp it with some slow turning first..Let it rest then your good.

Get that red out of there. I did a complete flush with Napa gold 50/50 mixed in a two liter as I did my entire system at home.

Which side was hissing ?

If DR side then inspect the heater core hose nipple. It's gonna be brass in the black plastic. Check that for leaks.

i am begging you not to use any Bars leaks or any such garbage to seal it from the inside. You will only be sorry later.

Comment

intake probably needs to be replaced with the improved one

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

:stupid: They all had problems.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

What Scott said...
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

the intake is cracked, either that or the gasket is junk since theres nothing else in that particular spot, will check it out once i pull the intake. its a real slow leak.

Comment

not gonna be real slow for long, once the crack opens up, its a gusher

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

new intake going on tomorrow..

Comment

Working...
                X