Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LUX Premium sound system - how to?

Hello,

It turns out my '97 Grand Marquis LS has what's apparently called a LUX sound system. This apparently means it's impossible to get a cd player for my car without rewiring the whole darn car, which I would rather not have to do. (Unless anyone here happens to know this isn't so...?)

This means, I guess, that I am down to locating a compatible cd changer - and, apparently, I also need a new cd changer compatible head unit, as mine does not have any changer controls on it. Needless to say, this p*sses me off, but such is life, as they say.

Can anyone offer any advice as to where I can get hold of a cd changer compatible Lux head unit, and/or any other semi-easy ways to get a cd player in this car?

Any advice is appreciated!

Jan.

Noone knows anything about Premium sound systems here...? :confused:

Comment

You're sort of in later model sound systems than many of us are used to dealing with. I honestly know nothing about the sound systems after the early 90s, but it used to be that all you had to do in order to get a CD player was swap the head unit. The plugs and mounting points were the same, and it was just a plug-in affair.

Are you looking to go with a stock head unit, or are you interested in going with an aftermarket one?
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Car-part.com, at least, list factory CD headunits. For example:

Radio
        Mercury Marquis Grand
        -AM,FM,CD F7AF-19B132-AA-GOOD
        $150
        R. Amparo Salvage Corp. USA-NY(Bronx) Request_Quote 1-718-583-1418 Request_Insurance_Quote

Then again, is that critter one that'd require noteworthy wiring changes if your "LUX" system was significantly different?
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
        X