CRAP mangs now im out 250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRAP mangs now im out 250

ok i am a professional installer,yes i have hooked a stereo up in a box before
    no i didnt make my own ground,used the factory one,all connections where
    butted together and taped so no way to fry anything from the power wires
    only bare wire where 1 set of speaker wires for the back, and had them seperated,yes it has a factory amp
    ok now that those questions are answred heres what happend i hook ed up a JVC stereo today it was used, powered on just fine even got the speaker to work just fine.....15 min later a loud pop resounded through my car the stereo blanked out and the acrid smell of elctronics was in the air...crap crap crap What did i do wrong??????????? now im out 250 bucks tomarrow i will get a pioneer and run all new wires except the switched one, sorry if i sound well a little on the PO'd side well i am wouldnt you be? anyway if anyone has any ideas on how this happend pls let me know.
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Not that I know anything, but what did you use to fuse the power supply?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
      Not that I know anything, but what did you use to fuse the power supply?
      both the car and the head unit both have fuses,usually its normal for me to pop one usually in the car but thats normal what was weird was this happend and no fuses blew out at all i checked them all checked every connection only think i can think of is that the ehad unit was bad or somehow something backfed through one of wires or something who knows.

Comment

think i figured out what happend to the deck one of my door speaker connection was corroded and wet as well think wehn i turned up the stereo it shorted it out somehow at any rate have new deck installed rewired everything all new wires whoot!!! ill have a video of stereo stuff soon!!!

Comment

you cant use the factory amp mang
          i fried three head units in 1998 before i found this out
          unfortunately you must run all new wiring on the 87 down townies......the 88+ townies you can order an amp bypass plug

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

well i did run all new wiring for the new head unit and the speakers as well
            everything sounds good now BTW Visonik 6x9s sound pretty awsome! almost like i have a small sub in the back

Comment

NEW video

MADE a new video yesterday of stereo stuff wow i was so excited too till the stereo blew out, but happy yaaay i got as new deck and ran all new wires everythign works great now!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAKM9b6-um8

Comment

Hey where is the completed product?
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I wonder if the deck shorted internally from lack of ground... glad its working right now!
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

ill post a vid of the complete or rather semi comlete up and running sometime tomarrow looks like i have a stereo install for a cougar tomarrow as well pics n vid soon!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X