Freebie Waggin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freebie Waggin

My Mother in law gave me her 91 CV Wagon. Definitely a project.

200K miles, but overall sound it seems. Has no third seat, only the doors.

Here be some pics: http://people.delphiforums.com/malpa...rownVicky.html

T.A. Malpass 83 LTD Crown Victoria P43

Not bad. Was it once in a wreck or something?

Comment

Interior still looks really good though considering!

Nice choice for a project though, wagons aren't exactly easy to find anymore!
      1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
      1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
      1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Originally posted by 88_Marquis_302 View Post
        Not bad. Was it once in a wreck or something?
        Yeah. She nailed the back end of a mini van. Technically, the car is totaled, but, she bought another Vicky with blown motor for $200 and her mech charged her only $200 to swap the parts over from the black car. Therefore no salvage title. Black car had corning lights so I'll need to change that to match the original. Should have seen it when she got it 5 years ago. Looked new. They kinda rough on cars on that side of the family.

Charging the battery in the pic which is why the hood's up a bit.

She said she put a new transmission in it a couple years back.

The car was running just 7 months ago when she parked it. Now, I believe the starter is stuck. Covered with tree sap as well. Gonna take a lot of elbow grease.

Comment

Oh okay. Try tapping the starter with a hammer. Sometimes that'll make one turn again

Comment

Looks great. Beige interior?
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Kinda tan, beige on the interior. Will know more once it's cleaned. LOL!

Going to have to replace the driver's airbag. Found several on ebay, but color or year is wrong.

Will also be doing the hammer tap as well.

Comment

nice! free is always good

where are you located? lots of panthers in the yards in central pa

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Located in NC (fixed profile)

I'm guessing a power washer wouldn't hurt the car at this pont, right?

Question: Would Ranger Splash 15 inch wheels fit this car OK? Any issues with rim width or offset?

(lots of Panther Box info here on this forum, I'm very happy to find. I got a lot of reading to do.)

Comment

Not at all bad, especially for free! Especially neat that your mother in law was smart enough to keep the car out of the hands of the insurance goons (I've heard too many stories lately about barely-damaged cars being declared totaled and the owner just walks away when they could easily have kept it).

I'm pretty sure most Ranger wheels would fit the car fine. One of mine actually had a pair of 14" Ranger wheels on it when I bought it. The Suspension FAQs have some info about stock Panther wheels so you can measure everything if you like and be 100% certain you're OK ... generally speaking, zero offset is the ticket for stuff to fit like stock.

How's the condition of the usual wagon annoyances like the 3-way tailgate and mysterious rattles from the rear of the car?
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Definitely doesn't look too bad off.

What kinda plans you got for it?

sigpic
                      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post

How's the condition of the usual wagon annoyances like the 3-way tailgate and mysterious rattles from the rear of the car?

Rear window is stuck up so haven't checked the tail gate other than it seems to open and shut fine on the side hinge. Will probably need a motor back there. I know the right rear window is dead.

Haven't driven the car for rattle checks. Hope to get a chance to start messing with it and get the thing started this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                          Definitely doesn't look too bad off.

What kinda plans you got for it?

First thing is to get the mechanical stuff in order. Got one leak that looks like power steering fluid. I need to determine if it can become a driver in short order or relegated to weekend project status.

Dreams included upgrading suspension and brakes, would love to put on a set Splash wheels,
                          Also: Exhaust upgrades, remove rack, thinking maybe the HO upgrades.

of course, I have to get I one color and match the fenders. Torn between stock white (cheapest route), a midnight blue, jalapeno red, or an emerald green, all with maybe some skunk stripes. Might even go black. Don't want to clash with the interior, though.
                          Need to do some sketches when I get the time.

Well, it's 95 degrees in the parking lot and one of my coworkers just walked in and told me my F150 has a flat. Yes, I did wear the hot shirt today.

Comment

Quick Update.

I do believe I have a bad solenoid. I cleaned the battery cables and tapped the starter and still only got the thunk. So I went country on it's butt and used my wire brush with insulated handle and crossed the posts on the solenoid. Starter spun. Turned the switch to full on and did it again. Bugger fired right up. Ran like a top.

I give it a few minutes to warm up and shut it off. Hit the switch and boink, same thing. Yup, looks like a solenoid swap out is in the works.

Also, the rear window will lower very nicely with the key in the gate, but not from the panel button. Tailgate will also drop after a bit of tugging and works quite nicely as well. Got some minor rust around the bottom of the gate on the left side. Looks like some good cleaning and proper lubing, plus dealing with that rust, will slick this baby up just fine.

Told the wife about the talgate and she was surprised as she didn't know they would drop like that. I'm pretty sure MIL never knew it would do that, either. This is great! I'll be able to haul lumber if needed.

Oh, yeah, had to bite the bullet and finally replace the tires on the truck. $450 for a set, so I'll have to wait bit on tires for the Vic.

Right now, a new solenoid, a good cleaning, and a set of tires would make it streetable and usable.

Man, I forgot how good a 302 sounds. Last one I has was my 85 GT Stang which my brother slammed into a boat.

Comment

hmm a land vehicle running into a nautical one!
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X