Community Discussion area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Community Discussion area

I know Im a newbie but thought maybe there should be an area called "community discussion" for general GM topics. Maybe a good place is right under the "newbie" section. Just an idea, seems to work pretty well over at MM.net
    sigpicVORTEX
    2009 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    2004 Mercury Marauder
    2005 Dodge Ram Hemi Quadcab
    2007 Harley-Davidson FLHT

Examples? Not sure if we already have something like this in place with OTB...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I guess what I mean is if I want to discuss something non-technical but maybe just about driving the car, comments from others, things of a general nature about our cars. Just a suggestion.
      sigpicVORTEX
      2004 Mercury Marauder

Comment

Oh yeah.

Off Topic Bullshit is the place to go then

Comment

What he said. There are a number of non-technical forums, feel free to post things there.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
            Oh yeah.

Off Topic Bullshit is the place to go then
            No, I wasnt talking about off topic bs, I was talking about general GM topics. Regardless, I see you are not interested so no matter.
            sigpicVORTEX
            2004 Mercury Marauder

Comment

The problem for me is as the site is right now there is no "first" place to visit in the forum the way it is broken down. I like all the specific sections as they are but I just think a community discussion section (like in MM.net) would be helpful to everyone. Also, it would not be an off-topic section, everything related to Grand Marquis of a general nature. Just my 2 centavos.
              sigpicVORTEX
              2004 Mercury Marauder

Comment

Well, you can always click on "new posts" and see what's been added since your last visit, then just go to what interests you most.

Comment

Examples, plz.

Comment

Sounds like this would be something along the lines of a strictly-moderated and profanity-free mostly-off-topic area. I personally think it'd be cool, but I doubt it'll happen during my membership here.
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Yeah, fuck that!
                      2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                        Examples, plz.
                        I think I understand what the OP is asking.
                        Basically a "general panther discussion" section.

This would be about no one partilular part/section (engine/drivetrain/interior/exterior/electrical), but rather just panther related in "general".

-people shopping for a panther and asking about the whole car.
                        -talking about something they did with their panther (racing ect...)
                        -a cool panther they saw.

Or here's a good one- "hey I just bought a panther, what should I do with it?"
                        that covers a lot of ground that no one single section can take care of.

another great example would be that "panther history" thread. Great stuff, and a good example of a "general" topic.

......The problem I see though. Is that this site is just laid out a lot differently than most. It takes some getting used to.....but once your used to it you find things easy enough.
                        ......And it would take a lot of effort by the mods/admin to move things around to make a change like that.

My 2 favorite things about this site:
                        -sticky #3 in the nOOb section......No other site has the balls to do that!
                        -and the free (blatantly) speech here....see above^^^
                        Former panther owner
                        1981 CV 351 4bbl
                        1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Working...
                        X