springtime projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

springtime projects

come spring this is what i plan on doing to Shifty barring unforseen circumstances

1. convert the front end to the 79-87 front end. i will need the hood from said model years, but i already have header panels. i like the more agressive look that the older front end has. i'm also going to need the bumper as well.

2. redo my interior. i need a new carpet. i want to get tc seats or maybe buckets in front. and alot of my interior pieces need replacing

3. get some decent gauges in a pillar pod, or how would one of those mustang dash pods look?

for Christine
    i don't know if i should go for a factory type resto, or restomod. i'll figure it out.

1. a transmission

2. the engine needs work(evil cfi,lol and its bastard setup of vacuum lines)

3. rust repair - i need 2 front fenders with the marker light at the bottom

4. i need a rear bumper with the guards

plus i'll have two jeeps as well. i've decided to fix up my xj with the ho 4.0, as well as buy my friends xj. i'll drive his thru winter while i fix the othe other one.

i'll be busy
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

I thought you were makeing a custom guage pannel inplace for your speedo.

http://members.sounddomain.com/sambos86
    My 1979 F-250 Ranger Hi Boy
    33/12.50 BFG Mud Terrians
    390ci with a little bigger cam
    Holly 4 barrel with K&N
    4 Speed with granny gear

Comment

err

why the hell would anyone want to go back to the POS looking pre88 front end, you already have a great looking car, don't fuck it up

SuperFord Profile
      Support safe sigs

-sigs should not exceed 600 pixels wide
      -sigs should not consist of more that 25 lines (including pics) when viewed at 800x600
      -Multiple images exceeding 600 pixels wide should have a space between them to allow for wrapping
      -Total sig size should not exceed 60k
      Remember, only you can prevent sig abuse....

Comment

cool! towncar seats fit on crownvic tracks.........the towncar tracks have the seat switches on the doors......i gave boxman a towncar interior for his 89.....looks good
        scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

the pre-88 conversion was more of an idea than anything,lol. i am still trying to work on the gauge panel. my main issue is setting it up in such a way that i still have my indicator lights, and finding space for everything. i don't need the airbag light, nor the low washer light. i can prob do away with the oil lamp as well, since i'll have a gauge and the prob. the low fuel light as well. i need in the least tho to keep the directionals, highbeam(maybe, i can tell when the beams are on) and the cel.

my plan originally was

temp, oil, tach, speedo, battery, fuel

the only prob is finding somebody that makes a 2" speedo and a 2" tach, thats all electronic. but i'm still working on it.

and definitely yes on the tc seats. that is one thing i will definitely be doing. when i rode in a friends tc, they had the leather seats and those were comfy. i'm gonna be on the lookout for a gray set.

btw, where can i get headliner material?

and Grimor, thanks for the compliment on the cars looks. the colored bezels seem to attract everybodys attention around town,lol
          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

go for the boxy box ends! and think about leaving the newer bumpers... cuz I wanna know if they will work together lol
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
            X