88 Colony Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88 Colony Park

Howdy everyone. My names Matt. I had to buy a daily driver because I was dumb and did this to my Jeep:

So, I picked up an '88 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park wagon. Complete with wooden sides. It's in reasonable shape for the year and location, not really worth fixing up to much though. Gets me around though and as such, I'm interested in puttin a little bit of time and effort into it. So far I've done:
    Exploder wheels with 245/60R15 tires (improved handling a tad)
    freer flowing exhaust and conical intake

I'd like to replace the shocks, springs and sway bars if I can find some options cheap just to improve handling a little bit.. beyond that, I'm hopin to just keep up with whatever repairs until I get out of college.
    '06 Ford Crown Victoria LX
    '03 Toyota MR2
    '99 Jeep Cherokee - 3.5" lift, 32s

Welcome to GMN!
    -Michael

Comment

Originally posted by texasvic
      Welcome to GMN!
      thanks.

and nice AV!
      '03 Toyota MR2

Comment

welcome to GMN! those wheels are slick.

wagons have ton of potential too. i wish i still had one
        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by evilcrownvic
          welcome to GMN! those wheels are slick.

wagons have ton of potential too. i wish i still had one
          I got a pretty decent deal on em.. 40 bucks for the set. just no center caps... :-(

the wagon is definintally handy, i've moved alot of people already..... and with the true dual exhaust and 3.55 LSD rear end, it goes okay for a Marquis.
          '03 Toyota MR2

Comment

the only thing i didn't like about wagons was that the area where the spare tire sits rusts and rots if its not maintained. and i wish ford had made the carpet stationary somehow. granted the carpet is easier to clean but the floor panels get scratched to shit. damnit, i want another wagon

Comment

the only thing i didn't like about wagons was that the area where the spare tire sits rusts and rots if its not maintained. and i wish ford had made the carpet stationary somehow. granted the carpet is easier to clean but the floor panels get scratched to shit. damnit, i want another wagon
              yup, that's one of the many spots of rust on my pile. i had been planning on going through and fixing the body up but then took a look at the frame. it was pretty sad... at that point I figured I'd fix the frame up enough to get it through inspection the next year or two and then get rid of it.

i just stopped using that carpet in the rear, it's already scratched up and since I load dumb things like engines and transmissions in the back anyways, there isn't much point in keeping the carpet in.
              '03 Toyota MR2

Comment

if you don't mind me asking where in where in maine are you? i live in nh

Comment

if you don't mind me asking where in where in maine are you? i live in nh
                  milford, the other side of the river from the University of Maine.

what are of NH?
                  '03 Toyota MR2

Comment

i live in the boonies of milton. if i go into town theres a bridge that takes me to lebanon

Comment

i live in the boonies of milton. if i go into town theres a bridge that takes me to lebanon
                      yup, no idea where that is. mapquest says you are almost in mass though. must be fun!

someday I want to move closer to civilization then here... once I'm out of school I should be able to do that. just gotta convince the wife that living more then an hour away from her parents is an okay thing... :thumbsup:
                      '03 Toyota MR2

Comment

welcome!

any close up pics of the wheels/tires? I wanna to see how that tire size looks.

The easy #1 sway bar upgrade is to go for a 1" police rear bar from a junkyard. They are golden.
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownLX
                          welcome!

any close up pics of the wheels/tires? I wanna to see how that tire size looks.

The easy #1 sway bar upgrade is to go for a 1" police rear bar from a junkyard. They are golden.
                          I don't believe I have anything closer up of the wheel tire size except maybe a burnout video (it's a night though and hard to really tell the tires...) I can try to get some tomorrow though if you want.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the chances of the sway bars from a newer (98+ I think) won't fit the older ones I have, right? The local junkyards here only seem to have the newer vehicles. I know where there is an old campus cop car sittin in the junkyard though, waitin to be taken apart. It's just that newer style though...
                          '03 Toyota MR2

Comment

negative... 91 + TC's and 92 + CV/GM have the never style bars with ball joint link pins on both. Unless you can weld the brackets in the rear, or give yourself a big brake upgrade, count them out.
                            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                            sigpic
                            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownLX
                              negative... 91 + TC's and 92 + CV/GM have the never style bars with ball joint link pins on both. Unless you can weld the brackets in the rear, or give yourself a big brake upgrade, count them out.
                              well, I actually have access to a welder and a guy who can run it much better then I can, so if it doesn't take too much I actually could make use of it then...
                              '03 Toyota MR2

Comment

Working...
                              X