Sub install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub install?

I want to know how you guys connected your subs.

I have a four channel amp (http://mobile.jensen.com/jensen/Jens...=POWERPLUS1304) and i will be running the rear deck speakers and my sub (sub will be bridged) off of that amp. The manual for the amp says that it can be done so i shall do it. I am just unclear about a few things:

1. My headunit has a left and right sub out so i guess i would run that to the amp.

2. My amp has a selector that enables me to run 2 channels, 3 channels or 4 channels. If i have my rear deck speakers on channels 1 and 2 and my subwoofer bridged through channel 3 and 4 what mode do i run the amp in? either 3 or 4. That i am really unsure of.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

i just use the RCA audio outputs on my deck to run to the amp, just a heads up jensen is known for blowing out one channel when in bridged mode also you might like this amp better
    http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/txi4408.aspx
    not to mention it is cheaper too. it supports multichannle as well as 3 channel mode too che ck it out i swear by hifonics mang they make some awsome stuff,plus it wont over heat on you.
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

You will run the amp in 3channel mode, this should bridge only the rear channels.
      Looks like as long as your sub is a 4 ohm load you're ok.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

i have three sets of rca's coming off my head unit, the front and rear go to a 4 channel amp, the front channels go to the dash and the door speakers, the rear channels go to the rear speakers, the sub output goes to a two channel amp and to a pr of 12" subwoofers.....off the front channels of the head unit i have a pr of satellite tweeters on the b pillars

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
          i just use the RCA audio outputs on my deck to run to the amp, just a heads up jensen is known for blowing out one channel when in bridged mode also you might like this amp better
          http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/txi4408.aspx
          not to mention it is cheaper too. it supports multichannle as well as 3 channel mode too che ck it out i swear by hifonics mang they make some awsome stuff,plus it wont over heat on you.

That is still expensive!

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
          You will run the amp in 3channel mode, this should bridge only the rear channels.
          Looks like as long as your sub is a 4 ohm load you're ok.
          And i would still run the left and right Subwoofer RCA's from the headunit to the amps input on 3 and 4?

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
          i have three sets of rca's coming off my head unit, the front and rear go to a 4 channel amp, the front channels go to the dash and the door speakers, the rear channels go to the rear speakers, the sub output goes to a two channel amp and to a pr of 12" subwoofers.....off the front channels of the head unit i have a pr of satellite tweeters on the b pillars
          Jeez Scott. You just used the world supply of speakers in your car.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...WX10000.1.html
            not really in comparison for power,quality,and performance the amp above is expensive lol at anyrate you should see the amp im getting it is a monoblock and will run me almost 300 for it it also pushes 1500w @1 ohm RMS!!
            rms is what i look for i cant decide if i want to buy an L7 kicker or a hifonics colossus sub both are 15 inch subs im only buying 1 for now lol the amp is also hifonics, btw a monoblock is best for running subs. there is a place in nycity that you might want to check out lemme see here....Mailing Address:
            Etronics
            216 Maspeth Ave.
            Brooklyn, NY 11211

etronics.com they have a ton of stuff you might be interested in, also you might consider pyledryver they make a really nice Sq amp its black lemme see if i can find a pic of one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007L8AL8/...0&linkCode=asn they make more than just monoblock but i read soem really nice reviews on these!!!
            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              And i would still run the left and right Subwoofer RCA's from the headunit to the amps input on 3 and 4?
              yes indeedey! Dont forget to take the rear channels off 'sub mode' - the 'sub out' RCA's should already have a low-pass filter.
              You'll want to use the rear RCA outs for the 6x9's if you want to retain some fade ability, but that will fade out one pair of your fronts if you have them hooked up to the rear speaker outs, but it wont be very significant as long as you just adjust the fade a little.
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
                http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...WX10000.1.html
                not really in comparison for power,quality,and performance the amp above is expensive lol at anyrate you should see the amp im getting it is a monoblock and will run me almost 300 for it it also pushes 1500w @1 ohm RMS!!
                rms is what i look for i cant decide if i want to buy an L7 kicker or a hifonics colossus sub both are 15 inch subs im only buying 1 for now lol the amp is also hifonics, btw a monoblock is best for running subs. there is a place in nycity that you might want to check out lemme see here....Mailing Address:
                Etronics
                216 Maspeth Ave.
                Brooklyn, NY 11211

etronics.com they have a ton of stuff you might be interested in, also you might consider pyledryver they make a really nice Sq amp its black lemme see if i can find a pic of one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007L8AL8/...0&linkCode=asn they make more than just monoblock but i read soem really nice reviews on these!!!
                Stop tempting me. I am cheap bastard trying to get this done for free.

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                yes indeedey! Dont forget to take the rear channels off 'sub mode' - the 'sub out' RCA's should already have a low-pass filter.
                You'll want to use the rear RCA outs for the 6x9's if you want to retain some fade ability, but that will fade out one pair of your fronts if you have them hooked up to the rear speaker outs, but it wont be very significant as long as you just adjust the fade a little.
                Ok awesome. Really good to know. Still considering purchasing another amp to run the sub though. I will see how spendy i feel after my summer work is over.
                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                X