FS: my old rims and associated...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: my old rims and associated...

Alright, since I'm happy with my new rims and don't plan to go back, I figure I might sell (stop laughing!) my hubcaps, steelies, etc for anyone who wants to go with the factory look (ok, c'mon, I said stop laughing!)

Anyway, rims probably aren't worth shipping, but the hubcaps, retaining screws, and brass retaining whatever-they're-calleds are light enough, as are the four red center-caps.

The center caps are in very good shape (not perfect, but not too far off from that), wire hubcaps so-so (about what you'd expect with 80K miles of use), and steel rims, well, dusting of surface rust where the hubcap tangs scrape them.

Pics attached - I'm a crappy photographer, dim lighting in the garage and had to use a flash... the rust is actually more a light orangey-brown than the deep color it looks in these photos on the rims.

Separately, I guess, I dunno, $15 for the set of all 4 rims, $10 for the set of 4 hubcaps (and retaining screw tool, and brass things, and retaining screws, though one of the screws is notably damaged, it's still completely usable), and $10 for the set of red centercaps.

If you're not local, then add shipping.

Everything else but the rims can probably be shipped relatively inexpensively.

If you want all of it together, $25
    Attached Files
    1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2-door Coupe - perpetually "sort of" for sale...
    Black with Red cloth (velour?) interior.
    Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.
    Reader's Ride post, First pic with "new" rims, Other pics with "new" rims

Um, ok, I'm not exactly trying to bump this, but what happened to the attached pics?
    Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.

Comment

Database error from the site crash yesterday. All attachments are gone as far as I can tell.

Comment

Ok . . cool, I can confidently claim "I didn't do it!"

So, for anyone who cares or is looking for a laugh, the attachments that USED to be there:
        Attached Files

Comment

14 or 15 inch?
          2000 Grand Marquis LS
          2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
          1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
          1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
          Mercury Owners Group member
          Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

15 inch .... I thought that 14s coming on a Panther was a myth!

Comment

Originally posted by King_V View Post
              I thought that 14s coming on a Panther was a
              myth!

Nope, my 85 has 14 as does my friends 84.
              2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

I . . wow . . dare I ask how it handles on that size of a tire/wheel?

Comment

I . . wow . . dare I ask how it handles on that size of a tire/wheel?
                  Handles? Not bad.

Ride? very nice.

Tire price? super cheap...
                  2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Originally posted by 85MercPark View Post
                    Handles? Not bad.

Ride? very nice.

Tire price? super cheap...
                    Well, the last I figure was true, but I wouldn't have guessed that handling and ride would've been decent - shows what I know!

Then again, I was rather surprised at how well the box handles bone-stock even with 15 inchers - I expected it to be far sloppier - but it's remarkably tight - feels like a smaller car handling-wise than it is.

Comment

Yea, with a few mods they handle pretty well...
                      2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

feels like a smaller car handling-wise than it is.
                        That's because most Panthers are fairly light for their size; they're really only heavy compared to much smaller cars. And the suspension design really isn't bad so long as it has decent parts in it.
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Bump - anyone need? Any offer? I'll cry if I take 'em to the scrapyard, and exactly 9 minutes later, someone needs them suddenly!

Comment

Still have?

If not I will delete this post.
                            2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

How wide are these? 7"?

Comment

Working...
                              X