Radio connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio connection

Few weeks ago the radio stopped working, so I have removed it and was thinking about new radio. However it looks that the only problem was in a broken wire.

On that occasion I looked into the shop manual and EVTS manual on the connection of the radio and I am not sure about the following wires (it is PREMIUM SOUND WITH ESR/ESC 1989):

1) "Radio on Input" - it connects radio and the amplifier

2) "Logic Mute" - there is no pin for this wire on radio, but the wire is on the other side of the socket - is this something for handsfree?

Could you please give me some advice about these two wires? In case that I will install new radio with ISO connectors I have no idea what to do with these two. Thank you
    sigpic

The radio on input switches the amplifier on. It has constant power, but without power to that wire, its not active.

Not sure about the other, possibly for the cell phone option??
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
    X