Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wifes wagon

this is being brought over from the welcome wagon
    and remember, the only thing that has been done by me is finding the car and removing the roof rack. rest has all been done by my wife... and before you ask, yes she does have 2 sisters, and one of them cant tell the difference from a cricket and a dead battery in a smoke detector......

before but with the 3 layers of purple tint removed

tailgate dewooded

rest of car dewooded and detrimed (from around the wood grain

and then there's the issues that we have ran into, and make us wonder if it's worth continuing the quest

the good side

and the bad....

now if she decides to contine you, she will be learning to weld and mud!

but she's wondering if this is going to be over her head (and mine since we don't have a welder that works right now) if we should cut our losses at try and find a less rusty one
    f/s modded 99 s10 - $3500, F/s 90 accord - $450, f/s 84 Cutlass $2200, parting out another 90 accord
    86 LTD wagon - wifes back up car
    slammed 86 pontiac wagon - back up dd
    79 fairmont - DD

It looks good stripped of the woodgrain. Your wife did a good job.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

thanks i will pass it on to her.. she's stripping the cargo area down, cleaning up some surface rust, replaceing some screws/bolts with stainless, and going to put down some bed liner down on it
      f/s modded 99 s10 - $3500, F/s 90 accord - $450, f/s 84 Cutlass $2200, parting out another 90 accord
      79 fairmont - DD

Comment

One thing you could possibly do to cover up some rust is get the lower granny trim as well as wheel well rounds from a crown victoria.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

heyy thats a good idea cause really wanted to keep the lower trim
          originally
          79 fairmont - DD

Comment

we went out to a JY to find a console. we picked one up out of a 94 blazer. she's going to take the carpet off of it and use the carpet that was from the cargo area, to put back on it, but then we are going to dismantel the seats, and make them into buckets. don't worry there will be pics for that

79 fairmont - DD

Comment

nice to know your keeping the ol merc

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

we got to thinking on how much we paid for the car, and realized it wasn't going to be a rust/problem free car for that price... she's happy with it
                79 fairmont - DD

Comment

Looking like a fun project!

What kind of seats are going in that will leave space for that console? I'm very interested to see how it turns out ...
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

modifing the ones that are in there
                    79 fairmont - DD

Comment

Ah, doing the sawing-off-the-extra-10% trick like Drock did on his '96 that's been all over CVN? He managed to make that work rather well .... hope yours turns out nicely also!
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Your wife did a really great job! I love how it looks without the fake wood. Oh, what I would give for a Colony Park...

Comment

looks like it was alot of work

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I too, am a member of the modified panther seats club.
                            The only part I regret is that I didn't install up a bracket to hold up one of the metal rods that was supported by the part I cut off. A bit of plumbers tape (metal strap with lots of holes in it) would have worked just fine.

Even so, it sits just about perfect.

I will also warn you that the armrest mounts stick out a bit, so a tall console is out of the question. They should be easily removed if the upper seat upholstery was peeled up first. I've just been to lazy to do it.
                            Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                            AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                            Open/Lock/Ratio #
                            -----------------------
                            G / H / 2.26
                            B / C / 2.47
                            8 / M / 2.73
                            7 / - / 3.07
                            Y / Z / 3.08
                            4 / D / 3.42
                            F / R / 3.45
                            5 / E / 3.27
                            6 / W / 3.73
                            2 / K / 3.55
                            A / - / 3.63
                            J / - / 3.85

Comment

it was a lot of work and i am proud of her

this is a couple layers of spray on bed liner. she not happy cause it scratched up pretty quickly

anyways found a few more wagon like hers, and she would like to find one that is less rusty. we found a 81 FL wagon same color with out wood with right around 100,000. was going to go buy it today till he said it would have to be trailered b/c the torque converter is bad on it.... damn it for not haveing a trailer
                              79 fairmont - DD

Comment

Working...
                              X