Im buying some POR!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im buying some POR!!!

you can get a starter kit for 15 bux (4oz paint, cleaner and prep fluids) and if says 4oz will cover 12 sqare feet. Im going to hit my trunk lid undersides and my door bottoms with this... maybe around some other problem zones for prevenative action.

Pints are 22 bux, quarts 33 bux, gallon is 105...

They also sell 4 and 5 packs of quarts, becuase evidently you have to be carefull about storing this stuff and not getting water in it. With the 6 packs you can also mix and match colors: black, grey, silver, clear, and semigloss black.

www.POR15.com

They also have stuff like POR infused patch putty and other kits.

I was poking around at the rust on my inner trunk lip, and down at the bottom i realized it was on the inner back side of that spot too. I hasnt some through but you can tell the metal is weak. POR claims to strengthen weakened metal too, so hopfully i can get good enough coverage out there to block it all out.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Let me know how it works out for you. I've got some rust problem areas on the '88 that are starting to get bad, but I don't have enough money or the place to redo the body like I want to (rust repair, hail repair, fresh paint).

Comment

I have a pint that I bought a few years ago for my VW, but its still unopened. I have used thier Black Velvet high temp paint and it kicks ass. Painted the headers on my car with it, and its holding up quite nicely. Did the thermactor tube with it too.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i need some for my vic........i'll probably get another trunklid tho

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
        X