New projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New projects

This past Tuesday, my TV grommet broke while I was driving to work.
    The cable fell out and the trans started shifting very erractically.
    I dont think much damaged happened, but its a good reason to get off my arse
    and finish the projects I have started and been talking about for 8 months.
    Planned projects are rebuilt AOD with wide ratio gear kit, install the 3.55 Trac-loc rear diff
    with rear disc brakes and install the X-pipe I got. I might even to do a new exhaust stystem.
    Right now, the car up on jack stands. I hope to get the transmission out today and get the rear diff installed.
    Pictures and updates to come.
    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

cool eric! is the tranny out yet?..........who knows i might be down to visit again in a few weeks.......people are bugging me to drive to georgia for an encore presentation again hehe
    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I got a lot done this weekend. I had some pictures, but accidently deleted them a few minutes ago while I was typing this... oh well.

The exhaust is completely removed from the car. I trial fit the new X-pipe while the trans was still mounted, looks like I will need to modify a few things to make it fit.
      The old, 3.27 open, rear drum diff has been removed and the new, 3.55 locking, rear disc diff has been installed. while doing so, it was discovered the RR shock was collapsed ($9.95 AutoZone special). I thinking this might be the cause of my mysterious vibration at Hwy speed. Going to replace all 4 shocks with new PI shocks from Ford.
      I still need rear disc brake hardware, new axle bearing and seals before I can complete that stage of the project. I was happy to discover the axles in the old (3.27 open) diff are still in good shape (ie...not pitted) so they are getting re-used.
      The transmission came out today. I hate to admit it, but Stu was right, that transmission jack adaptor I bought for the floor jack is waaaayyy too tall to work. The transmission is would never come out from under the car. I ended up ditching it in favor or the conventional method ... block of wood on the trans pan
      After the transmission came out, I removed the flexplate/flywheel (happy Epi?) to confirm my POS rear main seal was leaking. To my horror, it had "made in China" stamped on it !!... that B!itch was removed IMMEDIATELY.

Now I am waiting on payday so I can buy more parts and Stu promised to mail me that AOD assmebly video he has. Hopefully its not jinksed... HEE HEE
      2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
      89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
      88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Working...
      X