Emergency help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emergency help

While Trying to removed the stripped out screw on my TPS, I dropped an easy out. the tool disappeared underneath the intake manifold.

Is it safe to start the engine with that there? If I can't get it out? (its about the size of a small lug nut)I'm going to see if I can borrow a magnetic pickup tool that is flexible enough to get in there. My telescoping one can't make the corner.

Brian
    sigpic87 LTD Wagon

I'd say its fine until you get a magnet. I've found sockets and other stuff that looked like it had been on the engine for a few years in a couple cars...
    1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
    1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

Thanks!!!
      sigpic87 LTD Wagon

Comment

under the intake, like into the gaping chasm behind the water pump? Thats fine, it will just roll around in there. As long as you didn't drop it into the intake manifold the worst that will happen is it might get into a spot where it rattles. Whenever the stupid coolant line thats under there pops you'll find it if you pull the intake to replace the hose.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, it can be a bitch to fish stuff out of there. I use a magnet or compressed air to get shit out of "no mans land". Good luck.
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

yeah, i dropped a 8mm deep socket in there while putting a throttle body on. The shitty thing was, i just got that 200+ piece Craftsman set a week earlier for my birthday from the GF. 2 years later, the intake manifold gasket blew, and off comes the manifold and..... there's the socket, a little rusty, but nothing PB Blaster can't fix!

It'll be fine.

-Ryan S.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Thanks guys... Gonna leave it for now. Car's running great and pulling 23-24 mpg. Not bad for a 17 year old car with a single exhaust.

Brian
              sigpic87 LTD Wagon

Comment

Most folks are kinda suprised when i tell them what my car gets as far as mileage goes. I can normally get 29 out of it on the highway fairly easy.
                1999 Grand Marquis
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X