Tailpipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tailpipes?

Will mustang tail pipes fit on a 01 gm ls im just wondering it would save me buying a new tail pipe to make duals. Or is there anything else that will fit off other types of cars?

Sort of, but not really. I ran a set of '86-'91 Mustang tailpipes for a while on my '79 and both my '87s, and the clearance and bend configuration just wasn't right and they tended to bang and rattle on stuff. I imagine the relationship between 4.6 Vic and Mustang parts is similar ... you could always try it, though, just to see how bad it is.

For a while you could actually buy an exhaust kit from Borla made especially for '92 and up Panthers ....

On Box bodies, '94-'96 Chevy B-body tailpipes fit extremely well (big surprise, the '79 Vic was a ripoff of the '77 Caprice), so they're the overwhelming choice for 2.5" exhaust upgrades on earlier models.
    Last edited by 1987cp; 08-28-2009, 02:24 PM.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I'd just snag a junk yard set as they are stainless from the factory.
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

... assuming his local yards will sell him exhaust parts. Seems the guy who claimed his yards woudln't sell him anything exhaust related for any price was also from Canada, so maybe there's some weird regulation we Indiana boys wouldn't think of.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
        X