Oil cooler housing questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil cooler housing questions

A neighbor of mine is having a hard time locating a new (or used) oil cooler housing (the piece that connects to the block) for a reasonable price. He'd consider the bypass assembly too if available for a good price, but around here in mid Missouri, he's having no luck finding the part for less than $300 for a new one and impossible for a used part. His car is a 1995 CV Interceptor. Any ideas about suppliers and/or junk yards reasonably close to Columbia MO? TIA.

Have you checked www.car-part.com?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Good link, thanks Nathan. How heavy is something like this part - ie. what would it cost to ship approximately 100-200miles?

Comment

It's a lot cheaper, and more reliable to just replace it with the standard non-cooler version.

It's part number is F1AZ-6881-BA, which carries a $130 MSRP from your local dealer - or about $60 wholesale or online.

And the gasket; F6AZ-6840-AA

You still need to keep the oil cooler in place to complete the lower radiator hose, or replace the lower radiator hose with the standard version (retail models) and remove the cooler.

What lead to the filter adapter diagnosis? Normally it's only the gasket that fails. Of course the oil cooler lines can be trouble some.
        -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
        My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
        Modifications
        Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

Working...
        X